Station Road Cam

Marianna

Dedicated Member
Is anyone in contact with Martin Fulton, the owner of Your-PC, where the camera is located? When he announced the shop reopening date on Facebook, I commented asking if the web cam would be reinstated. He replied that it would be as soon as the power was on. The shop reopened on July 3rd, but the web cam isn't back on You Tube. Maybe he moved it to another platform? Does anybody know?

Since I can't be in Holmfirth, I really miss that cam.

I completely forgot about his webcam. Just checked his youtube and it has been months since an update. Sad to find that. I enjoyed watching the street scene. I see another has asked on his page about it also. :(

Off topic, been meaning to ask how has your shoulder been? Hope it is much better. I figure those things take time to heal.

Off topic, been meaning to ask how has your shoulder been? Hope it is much better. I figure those things take time to heal.
It's a bit more than a year post-op. At six months, the surgeon cleared me to use my cane, carried on the operated side, to make it possible to balance properly when I walk. The muscles around my artificial right hip are weak, and without the cane they try to collapse after only a few yards of walking. When I saw the surgeon for the 1-year post-op follow-up, the X-ray revealed that the rotator cuff has lifted slightly in the last six months. He said not to worry about it, to continue using the cane and rebuilding my walking mileage, and to continue with the resistance exercises for the shoulder muscles.

Got more information than you bargained for, didn't you?!

I completely forgot about his webcam. Just checked his youtube and it has been months since an update. Sad to find that. I enjoyed watching the street scene. I see another has asked on his page about it also. :(
I just checked his web site again, and there's a notice up that he'll be closed for "the holidays" in July in August. Not sure what that means, though.

Wonder if he normally closes and goes on holiday in July but because of probably being closed due to Covid for some months and having just opened again perhaps he has rearranged to go in August so he can trade through July and recoup some of his lost revenue .

Last edited:
Wow, Marianna I can not believe that much time has passed since I remember you talking about having it worked on. If I understand correctly that leaning on a cane because of your hip has raised your rotator cuff some. Makes sense but not something I would have thought about happening. Glad to hear you are progressing.

Hopefully the message on his website about the cam being down for the holidays means it will be back up again afterwards.

Hopefully the message on his website about the cam being down for the holidays means it will be back up again afterwards.
It isn't back up yet, unless it's been moved from YouTube. I've inquired several times, but the only reply has been the standard message about opening hours and "one out, one in" to protect from infection. I wonder if he's ill and nobody is paying attention to the shop's online presence, so nobody is looking at messages.

Does anyone on the forum live in or very near Holmfirth so they might know whether or not the shop is open and the camera has been put back in the window after Martin's cleaning and refurbishing project during lockdown?

When my computer restarted after an overnight update, the Station Road Cam link was underscored. That led me to hope that Martin had reactivated it. No dice! The "live" stream is dated November 29, 2018. I'd still rather look at an old live stream and glance occasionally at the nearly still images of Church Square and Town Gate. The latter got old fast.

The latest info on the shop web site, from July, and Facebook page indicates that the shop is open nearly normal hours.

Does anyone know if he's still alive?

I get the same film on the Station Road cam which has never changed since I joined. The Holmfirth cam does not update every ten seconds like it used to. Anyone out there know what's what? :12::13:

If the businesses on the Virtual Huddersfield site (which hosts the Holmfirth webcam) are paying to have an image of their shop displayed in the "walk along the street view", they're not getting their money's worth! And I have no idea what happened with Martin Fulton's statement that the Station Road camera would be on as soon as the power was back on in the shop. Maybe it's just no longer on YouTube.

I see a few people asked on Martin Fulton's youtube webcam page some months ago if it would be back. Sadly, no response from him.

Back