Squirrels and pumkins

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
We have seen an article on the net about squirrels liking pumpkins. We never knew about this but there is now a half of pumpkin outside the conservatory door. There are plenty of squirrels in the garden. If they come for the pumpkin I will take some photos. Has anyone else heard about squirrels taste for pumpkins?

I haven't Peri ! I heard that Mice liked them as demonstrated in the story of Cinderella because when she gets back after midnight and the Glass Coach turns back into a Pumpkin the horses, which are again now mice, hadn't been left any supper so they scoffed the pumpkin , hungry work pulling that coach you know. :)

I haven't Peri ! I heard that Mice liked them as demonstrated in the story of Cinderella because when she gets back after midnight and the Glass Coach turns back into a Pumpkin the horses, which are again now mice, hadn't been left any supper so they scoffed the pumpkin , hungry work pulling that coach you know. :)
Squeak squeak. I've never pulled a coach. I used to pull the opposite sex but the last time I pulled one of those I'd forgotten what I was supposed to do. I was told that it was such fun getting hold.... ??? ERR old. :fp:

Perhaps the squirrels like the pumpkin SEEDS. Can't really see them going for the pumpkin meat. If you leave a pumpkin out, the meat will go bad, that is if the crows don't get if first. Also, squirrels are known to store (bury) acorns in the ground and then forget where they stored them. Many oak trees have sprung up from these forgotten acorns. It stands to reason that squirrels might do the same thing with pumpkin seeds.

You could be right Adanor, we have left a half pumpkin out for the last two days and the squirrels have just ignored it. They carried on eating the peanuts and....the wild bird food... :25:

You could be right Adanor, we have left a half pumpkin out for the last two days and the squirrels have just ignored it. They carried on eating the peanuts and....the wild bird food... :25:

You need to put a candle in the centre of the pumpkin,so they can see it in the dark

Won't be a Red top because those squirrels are rare assume they were grey squirrels ? Of course in days gone by before it went into liquidation it would have been Nuts Magazine :fp: ............... Groan!

Back