Spooky

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
So... This will tickle you a bit.
My complete box set is starting to get scratched and sticks in places so I've been replacing the disks by buying second hand series where I find them. Today I was watching Why Does Norman Clegg Buy Ladies Elastic Stockings when it started to skip and freeze just at the part when Wesley is standing at the window telling Edie that Seymour was being secretive so I dug out the copy I bought, cleaned and put it in the machine, it came up " last memory " and started at the exact same place I took the other disk out! How weird is that?

I think it's something to do with the position of the lens in the dvd at the time when you take the first dvd out. If you replace it with the same numbered disc (albeit from a different set) it will recognise the said disc and simply play it from the same point, as the lens has not yet moved. At least that's what I think happens.

I think it's something to do with the position of the lens in the dvd at the time when you take the first dvd out. If you replace it with the same numbered disc (albeit from a different set) it will recognise the said disc and simply play it from the same point, as the lens has not yet moved. At least that's what I think happens.
I thought it only did it with the same disk, I was gobsmacked.

I thought it only did it with the same disk, I was gobsmacked.

I think it might be something to do with the BBC/Playback discs: I've just put disc three from series 7&8 in my player, and it has just continued on from the exact point during Getting Sam Home were I left it several weeks ago, despite the fact that I've watched about a dozen other dvds in the meantime.

Let's face it, it's nothing to do with spookiness, it's just down to dvd/Blu-ray players recognising class when they see it. :03:

I think it might be something to do with the BBC/Playback discs: I've just put disc three from series 7&8 in my player, and it has just continued on from the exact point during Getting Sam Home were I left it several weeks ago, despite the fact that I've watched about a dozen other dvds in the meantime.

Let's face it, it's nothing to do with spookiness, it's just down to dvd/Blu-ray players recognising class when they see it. :03:
My new DVD player does the same. It has a power interruption node. If the power goes off it will start the disc from where it stops. I can watch a disc, stop it and take the disc out, turn the power off. Then when I put the same disc back in it when I click play then it restarts from where I stopped it. It saves me forwarding to where I last finished watching it. I love the feature.

Back