Spin off show talks in progress

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Ken Kitson has stated he is now in talks about a spin off show, lets hope it happens

Terry, is there absolutely no way that Summer Wine is going to appear again? Not even for a one off special to put it to bed?
I still feel aggrieved if that last episode is the way it is set to end, that is no way to leave it.

Terry, is there absolutely no way that Summer Wine is going to appear again? Not even for a one off special to put it to bed?
I still feel aggrieved if that last episode is the way it is set to end, that is no way to leave it.

Hi Chuffer

I very much doubt it as the BBC seem close to getting rid of the studio props and other bits, I think Jay Hunt wants to make sure it is buried before she leaves the BBC, they seem to of ignored any petitions doing the rounds, I did speak to Mr Bell the other day at the dinner and when I said to him "You will be back" he agreed with me,which is a glimmer of hope but maybe this was because he knew there was a slim chance of a spin off show, though this may be with another channel.I agree a special to put it to bed would be great, we can only hope and pray

I'm not too sure that a decent send-off would work very well now, there's been too much media coverage about it ending over the last few months, plus seeing as the crew members last worked on the final show last year, it's highly likely that they will be involved in other projects now?

It may well have run it's course, the fact that Ivy wasn't in the final episode was a shame but the industry can be quite ruthless, it's possible (probable) that a large percentage working at the beeb now, weren't even born when Summer wine first aired, so why should they give a damn?

The spin-offs sound interesting, hope something comes from it.

G ; )

I'm not too sure that a decent send-off would work very well now, there's been too much media coverage about it ending over the last few months, plus seeing as the crew members last worked on the final show last year, it's highly likely that they will be involved in other projects now?

It may well have run it's course, the fact that Ivy wasn't in the final episode was a shame but the industry can be quite ruthless, it's possible (probable) that a large percentage working at the beeb now, weren't even born when Summer wine first aired, so why should they give a damn?

G ; )

I hate to put a dampner on things but look at it this way, how many spin-offs have actually been a success?

None that I can think of, and I am talking about a genuine success, not a few fleeting episodes.

For one thing, there would be too much comparison with the original - something of which nobody could inprove on, and it would not feel the same,

Another channel?, none too sure that would work either.
I also agree with your comments about the show getting the coverage it did due to it ending. To try and revive it in any kind of form would probably be a backward step.

G ; )

I hate to put a dampner on things but look at it this way, how many spin-offs have actually been a success?

None that I can think of, and I am talking about a genuine success, not a few fleeting episodes.

For one thing, there would be too much comparison with the original - something of which nobody could inprove on, and it would not feel the same,

Another channel?, none too sure that would work either.
I also agree with your comments about the show getting the coverage it did due to it ending. To try and revive it in any kind of form would probably be a backward step.

Hi,

A more positive outlook on the spin off would be greatly appreciated. The spin off show would give opportunity for original cast members to delve in and out of the show keeping the LOTSW alive. It is not away of "reviving" the show but away of evolving. It may have to air on a different channel but I am sure the supprtive viewers would be more than happy to flick channel, what difference does it make??

Also, spin off shows such as The Royal and Holby City have been greatly successful and I feel that this spin of having the support of the original writers, producers, filming crew and cast can be just as successful and if not even better!!

So come on get behind this and help make it happen.

Regards
Helen
Fuzzbox Management

I personally would love for it to happen.
I find Cooper and Walsh's appearances in Summer Wine very funny and I think they are probably more like the real thing than people think.Ken Kitson and Louis Emerich are 2 very talented and funny actors and the thought of a series (or more) is really great.
Bring it on.

I agree this is good news and please keep us up to date Helen with any progress,my only hope is it will not be shown on a satellite only channel, I think this would deny and add further cost to any fan wishing to watch the show,adverts I can live with but having to pay extra on top of the enforced BBC tax would be a step to far.

Hi,

The hope is that Channel4 may take interest...but it is to early in the game to know. I'll keep you all posted.

Helen
FBM

Best of luck with you guys at Channel 4. Just watch your backs with who is over there now. I'd love to see a spin-off show, no matter!

Isn't Jay Hunt going to Channel 4 in the new year? :eek:

She's already left the BBC. Someone else is in temporary charge of BBC One now.

Back