Spell Check?

Big Unc

Dedicated Member
Have just noticed new phenomenon on website. As I am typing in Message Box, if misspell a word, there is an immediate spell check. Sometimes the misspelling is corrected, sometimes there is wavy red underlining. I no longer need to use the "Spell Check" facility.

Is this a new capability of the forum website or could it be something to do with updating to IE#10?

IE10 is supposed to have auto spellcheck Unc :)

Makes sense. I note that I am now getting it also as I type emails.

Always wary of updates to fundamentals like IE. Since I went to Outlook for my Hotmail account it just don't work properly.

IE10 is supposed to have auto spellcheck Unc :)

Makes sense. I note that I am now getting it also as I type emails.

Always wary of updates to fundamentals like IE. Since I went to Outlook for my Hotmail account it just don't work properly.

I have not used either for some time, IE has to many security leaks, use Chrome for the net and Thunderbird for mail

I have not used either for some time, IE has to many security leaks, use Chrome for the net and Thunderbird for mail

Gave Thunderbird a try. My Hotmail account seemed to work better in some respects but my address book was not picked up. Uninstalled the Mozilla. Hotmail is a backup for me anyway and anything coming in to it is automatically transferred. And I am thinking of moving to another ISP soon.

Gave Thunderbird a try. My Hotmail account seemed to work better in some respects but my address book was not picked up. Uninstalled the Mozilla. Hotmail is a backup for me anyway and anything coming in to it is automatically transferred. And I am thinking of moving to another ISP soon.

If from your hotmail account you can export your address book, in either VCF, CSV, Text, LDIF format, save the file on your computer then import it to Thunderbird,job done, or if you used Outlook you can import it from that

If from your hotmail account you can export your address book, in either VCF, CSV, Text, LDIF format, save the file on your computer then import it to Thunderbird,job done, or if you used Outlook you can import it from that

Thanks for your help. Gave it a try - exported as a CSV from Hotmail account but Thunderbird would not import it correctly. Noted also that Thunderbird is not picking up my "Sent" mail though it has grabbed all my In Box. Think account got screwed when I updated to this new Outlook Mail thing. Yuk!

Thanks for your help. Gave it a try - exported as a CSV from Hotmail account but Thunderbird would not import it correctly. Noted also that Thunderbird is not picking up my "Sent" mail though it has grabbed all my In Box. Think account got screwed when I updated to this new Outlook Mail thing. Yuk!

It wont drag in the sent mail,as it has already been sent,but as your mail still had in mail it would pick all that up

Back