Spare a thought for

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Next time you watch an episode with a pub scene with people in the background chatting away, they are not actually talking, just miming.
This is done so it keeps the noise down while they record the actors, if needed they will inject background noise at the editing stage

In the old days, it was common knowledge that the background actors, in films and plays, were quietly saying 'Rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb'. Was that the password to Wesley's shed? No, I think that was rice pudding, or maybe blancmange. :14:

Some of them were miming words but really got into the acting part with their movements

I would have thought that they were not perhaps drinking alcohol rather something that looks like Alcohol .There is a saying up here for someone who can't hold their beer as " Couldn't drink Cold Tea", with the Extras in the pub scenes that's exactly what they might be drinking [perhaps you can confirm what they are drinking Terry]

I would have thought that they were not perhaps drinking alcohol rather something that looks like Alcohol .There is a saying up here for someone who can't hold their beer as " Couldn't drink Cold Tea", with the Extras in the pub scenes that's exactly what they might be drinking [perhaps you can confirm what they are drinking Terry]

I know in the two pub scenes I was involved with it was non alcoholic drinks served, not sure if they would of been about in the earlier series

Which episodes were you in Terry? I can look for you and give you a wave. :37:

1. Who's that merry man with Billy then, walking across road with Miss Davenport
2. Who's looking sideways at Nelly, in the pub garden,sitting far right with back to camera in dark top
3. How not to cry at weddings, in the back room of pub just below dartboard

The car's a star too!

In" Who's Looking sideways at Nelly " A blue car parked in the pub yard once was Terry's ! :)

1. Who's that merry man with Billy then, walking across road with Miss Davenport
2. Who's looking sideways at Nelly, in the pub garden,sitting far right with back to camera in dark top
3. How not to cry at weddings, in the back room of pub just below dartboard
Right, I'll have a look for those. Can I have your autograph please?:cool:

Dick it was a Red Car with the Reg number T2 TVB
:redface2::redface2:Watched again last night because I thought I'd got the colour wrong ! The number was in my mind but why I picked blue I can only blame old age and poverty !Did you once have a blue one ??:fp:

:redface2::redface2:Watched again last night because I thought I'd got the colour wrong ! The number was in my mind but why I picked blue I can only blame old age and poverty !Did you once have a blue one ??:fp:

Yes Dick, they was blue/grey colour seen in another episode

My SW recordings are all mixed up and I'm having difficulty finding the relevant episodes. My managing director, Victoria, is helping me. :confused:

Hello Terry, Victoria here, Peri's wife, I hope you don't mind me sending this message but I must tell you that I have found one of the programmes that you were in, Who is looking sideways at Nelly? I've had a good look and do you know that the back of your head looks just like my husband's behind.
Victoria.

Back