Songs of Praise this Sunday

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
You may be aware that this Sunday's songs of Praise is coming from Holmfirth and Summer Wine related,Terry

what with countryfile and now songs of praise, are the bbc trying to clear their conscience I wonder

Can somebody please tell me what that is, Songs of Praise? I mean, is it a normal service being broadcast on TV, every week in a different church or something? And what do you mean, "Summer Wine related"? Do they mention it? Sorry, I´m just totally clueless.

Edie Pegden (Dame Thora Hird) used to be
the "presenter??" on Songs of Praise, so that's
probably whey this is all happening.

Songs of Praise is a religious programme which like you say **** comes from a different church every week.This week it is in Holmfirth and some of the cast will be appearing.

I hope there's a bit more Summer Wine stuff in this than there was in the Countryfile show.

Songs of Praise

Sunday 29 August
5:05pm - 5:40pm
BBC1
Holmfirth

Pam Rhodes visits Holmfirth, home of Last of the Summer Wine, ahead of the last-ever episode of the long-running sitcom, which will be broadcast tonight on BBC1 at 8pm. The cast and crew of the popular comedy share their memories of working on the show, and singer Lesley Garrett joins in with a selection of favourite hymns - accompanied by a brass band

Back