Something to view in lockdown

And now Victoria AU is back in lockdown... We had been doing so well, but they were letting international flights in - FKnows why....
and shock apon shock - people working at airport/hotel at airport got infected and spread like wild fire.... Now all the good work from the last several months GonE.... like a fart in the wind...

Locked down 5 days -but that is to soften the blow... it will be much much longer than that.

And now Victoria AU is back in lockdown... We had been doing so well, but they were letting international flights in - FKnows why....
and shock apon shock - people working at airport/hotel at airport got infected and spread like wild fire.... Now all the good work from the last several months GonE.... like a fart in the wind...

Locked down 5 days -but that is to soften the blow... it will be much much longer than that.
Such sad news Bruce. We have a friend in Victoria. We are in our third lock down here in England, my thoughts of which would be unacceptable by the good people of Summer Wine so I will keep my cake hole closed. Hopefully Victoria will quickly sort out their problem.

Sad news Bruce you seemed to have it sorted and making good progress but its a stark warning that controlling this awful disease is extremely complex and striking a balance is such a hard task.

I read somewhere that thousands of Aussies are stuck abroad so maybe they are trying to get home.

There are allegedly upward of 30000 Australians who cannot fly home at present and no wonder there was such an outcry when all the Tennis stars were allowed in for the Aussie Open .

There are allegedly upward of 30000 Australians who cannot fly home at present and no wonder there was such an outcry when all the Tennis stars were allowed in for the Aussie Open .
For some reason sports people, TV "stars", singers, bands, rich people, are all more important than residents... They are allowed to come and go as they please.

Then theres teh lady at work stuck in Greece since June last year only got back few weeks ago, 2 weeks quarantine before coming back to work.

I'm amazed by all these "quarantine" videos and wonder what kind of guide device they use to record their individual parts (I know this one is 2016, but same technique).

I have been "travelling" during recent month or so. Here in West Oz we have been pretty lucky re Covid and overall it has been more of a minor inconvenience here than in most other places. (reasons why are varied and include controversial political matters so I won't go into them.)

We have had strict travel restrictions at times, especially interstate and overseas but in general if you live and work in WA it hasn't been anywhere near as bad as a lot of other places.

I have found that I can travel by YouTube! (I think this has been mentioned here by others) I have been finding sites that offer driver's eye view of car travel and train travel from all over the world.(and some aircraft) so in the last couple of months I have travelled from Long Island to Manhattan by train, JFK to Manhattan by train AND car. I have been along Santa Monica Boulevard and numerous other places in the US.

I have driven around the south of France, and Monaco. Been on many car and train trips around the UK. Been through Switzerland and Austria, even driven around various parts of the UK and actually travelled around Perth here in Oz by local train and car....all without leaving my lounge. :)

I have gone up the Matterhorn by cablecar and been on the steepest cogged rail track in the world, coming down a mountain in Switzerland!

The vast majority of these trips has been 1st person views from the cars or trains, mainly without much dialog so it is as close to doing the journeys themselves as you can get virtually.

The Car journeys are quite interesting as you get to see how bad most drivers, throughout the world actually are!!! The train journeys offer a unique experience as you see things from a different perspective....you get to see the BACK of properties and the industrial areas of towns which are often not accessible in normal travelling around the (any) country.

I have even been doing Mansion Tours. First hand walk throughs of multi multi multi million dollar houses. I have to say that a lot of them look very nice, but I don't think I have seen any I would want to actually live in. They all seem sterile "show" houses designed to show off your wealth to others without actually providing a real "home" One of the owners of a large mansion in the US actually admitted it, when he documents the actual running costs of one of those huge places. He says that owning a large mansion is basically like running a 5 star hotel, WITHOUT getting any income from all the guests.

Anyhow just off to go on a train journey from Boston (UK) to Skegness! :01:

We spend a lot of our LD time watching the animal life in different parts of the world. There are many brightly coloured birds but our favourites are the deer at Maine in U.S. and the albatross in New Zealand. A baby albatross hatched on the 27th January and is on streaming video 24/7. That chick will not make her first flight till late September. The albatross are so fascinating to watch in flight as they do not flap their wings. Some of the close ups at the deer park are so close that all you get on screen are the head and neck. They are in the USA and it is worth a buck to see them. :fp: Doh.

We spend a lot of our LD time watching the animal life in different parts of the world. There are many brightly coloured birds but our favourites are the deer at Maine in U.S. and the albatross in New Zealand. A baby albatross hatched on the 27th January and is on streaming video 24/7. That chick will not make her first flight till late September. The albatross are so fascinating to watch in flight as they do not flap their wings. Some of the close ups at the deer park are so close that all you get on screen are the head and neck. They are in the USA and it is worth a buck to see them. :fp: Doh.
Here in DC, the Panda at the National Zoo, during the last snowstorm, spent the day sliding and rolling around in the snow. Truly hilarious! Hopefully the video is still available.

Here in DC, the Panda at the National Zoo, during the last snowstorm, spent the day sliding and rolling around in the snow. Truly hilarious! Hopefully the video is still available.
We also log in to the pandas and as you say Adanor, they are so funny to watch :p.

My dad saw The Beatles when they were the support act for Gerry & The Pacemakers and each of them signed his programme, my nan threw it away a number of years later o_Oo_Oo_O

There's a lot of wonderful stuff on YouTube. I just came across this view of a comet from the ISS:

The comet becomes visible at around 3:20.

Back