Something to view in lockdown

captain clutterbuck

LOTSW Fanatic
BBC News has a little article compiled by one of their feature writers outlining things to view to ease the long days of isolation . One short film has one of the most iconic shots ever seen in films . The short is available on a site which I'd not come across and it holds a plethora of things to look at this is the link . When you consider that the film was made in 1902 its remarkable in terms of what they achieved .

There is also a reference to an artist who I remember from years ago who appeared on daytime TV Bob Ross who had such a laconic delivery and his paintings were really good I recall.

Just thought the film in a particular would be of interest

So wonderful especially when the music is the Overture of 1812., but alas, the film ended before the Grand Finale.

Never watched any A Touch of Frost or many Midsomer Murders so catching up on them . Have all of Count Arthur Strong Radio shows downloaded from CD's I purchased a while back so have those to listen to together with a number of radio shows[Dad's Army , Hancock, Navy Lark even have Men from the Ministry plus a plethora of more modern comedies Fags ,Mags and Bags plus mus listen to the Shuttleworths after Barry recommended it] and countless books I purchased and not read to date . If I was really desperate I could paint my stair banister but as I hate painting with a vengeance could be only a maximum of one foot at a time should have it licked in a month [ its not a huge staircase its just I hate so much so it would be paint one day rest two ] :)

We here in Durham NC do not really have any lock down other then our
IBM gym is closed. Liquor stores, markets, etc are open. We walk the dog
around the pond several miles a day, and we tickle the cat. Guess the gym
is considered a school, and they are closed as well.

I managed to find the whole collection of The Professionals ,if nothing else the old cars are interesting

Article on BBC News stating that any number of stately homes and gardens are to post videos of the gardens for people to view on Social Media but its doesn't specifiy which sites . I would also like to give a shout out to any big band fans on the site, there are a group of musicians who regularly play in my Area ,The Strictly Smokin Big Band and they have put a couple of videos on Facebook [not a member myself but you can view publicly] . They have recorded the band parts individually and it has been pieced together and its really impressive how they have done it . I have added the link below

We've been watching the Repair Shop. Wednesday nights 8.00pm on BBC One. It's nice, and sometimes quite emotional, to hear some of the stories from the owners of the items repaired. I'm also going through my DVD box set of Only Fools and Horses, an episode a day and, of course, Summer Wine!

I had the pleasure to see the Ukelele Orchestra of Great Britain a couple of years back at the Sage Gateshead absolutely brilliant . They, like many other artists are producing lockdown videos . They are releasing a new video today at 12.30 pm GMT +1 . The first video is still there a version of Jackie Wilson's Higher and Higher here is the link if anyone wants to view

I hope people like Big Bands , the Strictly Smokin Big Band have just posted another video with the aptly titled song I wish I knew how it would feel to be free by Billy Taylor . Fans of the show Film Night will recognise it hope its not too much of an imposition for me to post and hope you enjoy it.

Article on BBC News stating that any number of stately homes and gardens are to post videos of the gardens for people to view on Social Media but its doesn't specifiy which sites . I would also like to give a shout out to any big band fans on the site, there are a group of musicians who regularly play in my Area ,The Strictly Smokin Big Band and they have put a couple of videos on Facebook [not a member myself but you can view publicly] . They have recorded the band parts individually and it has been pieced together and its really impressive how they have done it . I have added the link below

Superb.

I bought a book the British Television Location Guide by Steve Clark which basically shows pictures and some narrative about where many shows were filmed . For some I have been using Google Maps to see what the locations look like now for example One Foot in the Grave was filmed at a small street Tresillian Way in the village of Walkford near Christchurch in Dorset and to me it hasn't really changed a lot .

victor.jpg

As I can't really travel at the moment I occasionally jump on Earthcam and get a quick view of places I wish I could visit for the first time or indeed again when this is over. I popped onto the Times Square Cams in New York, the time there was 04.32 yet strangely there were two guys in suits and one guy with a camera and tripod and they seemed to be posing for photos .

I know its a bit Hitchcock Rear Window but I am intrigued why two well dressed guys and a photographer decided that to get the photo they need why does it have to be at Four Thirty in the morning, did they get up, dressed and go there , have they been out all night and are taking the photo as a memento of their visit before going back to their Hotel , the photographer doesn't appear of face value to be a friend or have been out socially with them as he is not dressed in suit ? Hoping you can see them clearly enough from this screen dump.

times square.jpg

My favourite local band wrapped up their current season of live streams last night with a session featuring each musician playing a track of their choice . The whole event culminated with a version of Gerschwin's Fascinating Rhythm which I thought it would be nice to share the link to here I hope you enjoy it.

The modern 2020 episodes. I sometimes watch clips of Corrie from the olden days on Youtube.

Yes, I religiously watch the modern 2020 episodes, but I sometimes dip into the ITV3 episodes when there is a story line or a scene I want to relive, that I remember from the first time around or I've seen somewhere and found interesting.

I see looking at the TV pages there are plenty of new repeats of most TV shows, they list them as classic, meaning they have been repeated many times before

Back