Show Ratings

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I spotted on a on-line TV Guide they have ratings from viewers on TV shows, I checked Strictly and noticed the rating was 5.3 (Max is 10), the repeats of LOSW today on yesterday channel are 7.7 and Dad's Army on BBC2 was 9.3,while X-Factor is 5.6

What amazes me that there is only a handful of TV shows transmitted by the BBC in the next week that has higher ratings than LOSW and none that reach Dad's Army's rating,so it gives me faith in the UK public that the current offerings from the BBC are well below par,when shows that have not been made for some years have higher ratings than shows that are pushed our way these days and the Numpties in charge,where even the boss admits today he is not aware what content is in these TV shows (I refer to Newsnight) thinks this is what we want to watch

I don't find this suprising at all if we still only had the 4 TV channels and this is what was offered I would give my TV to a Charity shop and save myself £150 a year.

Its disgraceful that we have to pay good money, and lets face if it its money no one has at the moment, to have to sit and watch the endless rounds of the same z list "Celebrity's" jumping for one horrible show to the next. There is a reason they are now on the z list, because no one wants to see them anymore.

I was staying with my aunt a few weeks ago and she asked if we watched Come Dancing I said that we didn't but it was her house and she should watch if she wanted to, OH DEAR LORD!!! I thought its only and hour I can fake it for and hour!!! It was 2 hours and I had taken to the reading the instruction manual for the deep fat friar after 1 hour the next one I spent watching the clock go round very very slowly!

It was 2 hours and I had taken to the reading the instruction manual for the deep fat friar after 1 hour the next one I spent watching the clock go round very very slowly!

Cannot resist this. Love typos. Would the deep fat friar be Friar Tuck, mate of Billy Hardcastle's?

I don't find this suprising at all if we still only had the 4 TV channels and this is what was offered I would give my TV to a Charity shop and save myself £150 a year.

Could it not be argued that when we only had four channels, television was a whole lot better?

;D I know it didn't look right but after a sleepless night I became less careful it could be argued that having to watch drivel for 2 hours several weeks ago has left me with permanent damage :) Note to self: Now press spell check ......

Sorry meant to say, on your second post, I agree with you there I think it did make them try a bit harder but then again maybe it was the people in charge at that time?! Maybe we the licence payers should get to vote on who we want in charge. That would be interresting, I bet my last Rollo that more people would turn out to vote for that than for voting for MPs!!

;D I know it didn't look right but after a sleepless night I became less careful it could be argued that having to watch drivel for 2 hours several weeks ago has left me with permanent damage :) Note to self: Now press spell check ......

Only problem with Spell Check - it would be quite happy with "friar" and "fryer" (and I almost made that "frier").

I bet my last Rollo that more people would turn out to vote for that than for voting for MPs!!

Like it. Used the "Do you love someone enough to give them your last Rollo?" line a children's addresss in church recently.

All apropos of nothing at all, I did an Amazon Search on Fryer and got the anticipated selection of deep fat fryers. Entering "Friar" gave me Friars Balsam. And "Frier" depended on selected Department. "All Departments" yielded a vast selection including:
Greyfriars Bobby [DVD]
Die Kiste der Beziehung by Ralf Husmann (???)
Value Costume: Monk
ST. PETERS SQUARE TOUR, ROME - A Self-guided Walking Tour - by Rachel Frier
FRIER Name Home Bar Pub Beer Mugs Cheers Neon Light Sign
Frier dir nicht die Hupen ab by De Hupen

Back