Shinyglow Mug!

RickAns

Dedicated Member
Hi all,

Think I have a new favorite mug and thought I might show off a bit. Just arrived yesterday afternoon. A friend sent this nice Shinyglow mug to me as a gift. Thank you friend! :)

First cup of coffee in it this morn and looking forward to a cup of tea in it this afternoon. Sorry if the zoom on the mug is a bit tight. Stove not been cleaned yet from breakfast and the mug is the center of attention anyway. :21:

Rick

ShinyglowMug-1080.jpg

@Marianna , it is an 1800w induction single hob unit that sits on the countertop. Got it about 2 weeks ago and love it. Thankfully my current pots and pans work fine with it. Heats things up nicely, much quicker than my older electric coil type of stove / oven unit. Can send you more info on it if you want. I saw a double hob unit at the Lidl store I shop which got my interest.

@Barrychuckle Already on my second cup of tea with it. Love it. You could be right about our mutual friend. ;)

Awesome! It looks like it's a nice sized mug too! That's always good for drinking lots of coffee. I need to find myself a bigger coffee mug with this capstone project driving me crazy! Lol I think if I cut out sleeping and eating this term, I just might be able to get everything done! Lol

@Marianna , it is an 1800w induction single hob unit that sits on the countertop. Got it about 2 weeks ago and love it. Thankfully my current pots and pans work fine with it. Heats things up nicely, much quicker than my older electric coil type of stove / oven unit. Can send you more info on it if you want. I saw a double hob unit at the Lidl store I shop which got my interest
I'm currently exploring replacing my gas range with an electric one; induction burners and convection oven, so I'm particularly open to comments from folks who use either technology.

I'm currently exploring replacing my gas range with an electric one; induction burners and convection oven, so I'm particularly open to comments from folks who use either technology.
I have had induction hobs for about 10 years now, they're certainly better than ceramic hobs as they tend not to wear as much due to the heat only being applied when pans are on them. You my need to change your pots and pans as many aren't comparable to work with the magnets. They heat quicker than standard electric hobs but IMO nothing cooks like gas, particularly when using woks or frying pans.

Love the mug Rick and Barry,I have never before seen those I would love one,makes it even better that you have to be in the know/a Barmpot to appreciate it.

I have had induction hobs for about 10 years now, they're certainly better than ceramic hobs as they tend not to wear as much due to the heat only being applied when pans are on them. You my need to change your pots and pans as many aren't comparable to work with the magnets. They heat quicker than standard electric hobs but IMO nothing cooks like gas, particularly when using woks or frying pans.
My stove-top cookware is all strongly attractive to magnets, so that's no problem. I never use a wok, and seldom fry anything, so I've sidestepped that limitation, too. After recovering from the surgery I had a year ago, I'll go back to using the stove-top to sear meat before roasting it, and for slowly simmering stews and hearty soups. I'll also make the occasional omelet.

Hi all,

Think I have a new favorite mug and thought I might show off a bit. Just arrived yesterday afternoon. A friend sent this nice Shinyglow mug to me as a gift. Thank you friend! :)

First cup of coffee in it this morn and looking forward to a cup of tea in it this afternoon. Sorry if the zoom on the mug is a bit tight. Stove not been cleaned yet from breakfast and the mug is the center of attention anyway. :21:

Rick

View attachment 6301
RickAns Is the lettering at the bottom of the photo inserted by you or is it written on the hob. Either way it made me chuckle. :)

Lettering aside I thought novel way of keeping his coffee hot. For most of the Summerwine men like Sid, Wally and Wesley it would read "Do Not Touch or you'll get some tray , brush or you'll have to wear your best suit" For Howard there are no words simply a pair of handcuffs as we know Pearl has him chained to all things domestic luckily Howard has a lock pick to escape sometimes . :)

Back