Series 9, Episode 10; Edie and the Automobile

wstol

Dedicated Member
I was impressed with 'Jaws' last week, and this following episode is just as hilarious. Viewers are quick to point out Seymour wasn't their favourite third man - but the writing and performances around this time were still nothing less than excellent.

I always thought Edie and her car was a tired out gag, but here's the first time and it's the best. I like the bit where the men are sat on the wall, the car goes into reverse and the men throw themselves over backwards.

Mike Grady did a good panic-stricken look when Barry took Edie out in the car.Easy to forget it was probably bluescreen

Absolutely love this episode,The bit where Nora is searching for Wally shows that underneath she does care for him although shes always horrible to him.I agree CW about Barry his expression was brilliant when in the car with Edie.So many good bits in this episode and ranks in my top 5.Overall 8/10.Brilliant. :)

This one is in my top 5 list, its just some funny. Barry's reaction to it all is Hilarius " Tearing between two lorry's on Stackpole St" cracks me up. The scene with Nora finding Wally on the step is heart warming, then she goes on the ask " Have you got your wollies on?" :D :D

;) The bits already mentioned make me smile but adding to them I like ""you know I love you Brenda but dont ask me to teach your mother to drive anymore!"" :eek:

im gonna have 2 disagree with the others on this 1, its a poor episode IMO and the only thing that is funny in it 4 me is edie reversing and knocking compo and clegg over, apart from that its not a favourite of mine, maybe cause im looking back at it now with the knowledge of all of edies escapades in the car that did tire after a while, but this episode is just not a favourite of mine. 4/10

Absolutely love this episode,The bit where Nora is searching for Wally shows that underneath she does care for him although shes always horrible to him.I agree CW about Barry his expression was brilliant when in the car with Edie.So many good bits in this episode and ranks in my top 5.Overall 8/10.Brilliant. :)

I love that Nora and wally scene towards the end as well. She is worried about him missing and she has the kindest smile when she discovers him sitting with his dog on the steps. Then, one second later, she is snapping at him telling him she was missing him for a second!

im gonna have 2 disagree with the others on this 1, its a poor episode IMO and the only thing that is funny in it 4 me is edie reversing and knocking compo and clegg over, apart from that its not a favourite of mine, maybe cause im looking back at it now with the knowledge of all of edies escapades in the car that did tire after a while, but this episode is just not a favourite of mine. 4/10

I will disagree with you here Eli about the car escapades tiring. Perhaps the act of were driving crazily went on, but I never got tired of it because after decades, I could never stop enjoying the ladies being horrified as passengers!

Back