Series 11, Episode 7; Three Men and a Mangle

wstol

Dedicated Member
Every now and again there's an episode which is absolutely perfection - and this is one.

They say the simplest ideas are the best.

Besides the mangle plot, there is also another good bit where Wesley is trying to get Barry out of the house to give him a hand - priceless.

i completely agree, this episode is near perfection, what helps this episode is it was one of the few seymour episodes that was available in the 90's on vhs, when i watched the videos i always like seeing this one, but even without that its one of the best seymour episodes out of all of his, in my eyes this was a great regular send off for a third man (not including the 1989 special or seymours brief appearance in Return of the Warrior), my funniest bit is the mangle and the policemen and the police car.
its a really cracking episode in my books this one.

I love this episode as well. The thing that sticks out to me the most is how different Cooper and Walsh look back then. WOW!

Also, I just watched "The Coming of the Beast". The guys were really rough on the police force over time!

Every now and again there's an episode which is absolutely perfection - and this is one.

They say the simplest ideas are the best.

Besides the mangle plot, there is also another good bit where Wesley is trying to get Barry out of the house to give him a hand - priceless.

Agreed love this episode as well.The scene where the gang are being towed by Eli and Frank in the yellow car is a classic when the rope detaches and they move further away and Eli says to Frank

"Their fine just fine" BRILLIANT!

Also as DJWCFC put the scene when the mangle goes though the roof of the police car is great'.One episode i can watch again and again :)

Seymour getting his tie caught in the mangle was a good running joke

I supposed Roy Clarke reused this idea with Truly getting his tie caught in "A Pick-Up of the Late Ming Dynasty". I think the two episodes were so far apart in years that repeated the mishap was perfectly fine.

Watched this one over Christmas and enjoyed again - yes the police car mishap is superb.

Back