Series 11, Episode 5; Happy Anniversary Gough and Jessie

wstol

Dedicated Member
Episodes with special occasion themes such as funerals and weddings often provide some of the best stories, and this one is no exception. Here Cardew The Cad Robinson guest stars.

Your thoughts on this episode please.

Cardew a little ott as the doting hubby but generally a good episode with quite a few comic moments.Specially Wesley with his collar !! ::)

Cardew a little ott as the doting hubby but generally a good episode with quite a few comic moments.Specially Wesley with his collar !! ::)

Cute little OTTer? Suirely you mean ODD?
If it needs explaining I was using the the phrase Over The Top ( OTT ) meaning he was overacting somewhat :D

Gough was the perfect character because he fit the role of what the ladies of Summer Wine would consider the "ideal man"; very soft, never up for any mischief, and always serving the needs of his loved one. It is a classic storyline of the trio spoiling the ladies ideal image of a huband. I believe it is a very good (close to great) episode.

The bit where Gough is in the skip on the back of a lorry singing with a road cone on his head cracks me up every time.This is a fab episode also with Barry being grumpy that he had a new suit instead of a hi fi also Compo in the blue suit that he borrowed from Eli.Classic stuff and it must be a rare episode where the whole cast are together in a episode :)

The bit where Gough is in the skip on the back of a lorry singing with a road cone on his head cracks me up every time.This is a fab episode also with Barry being grumpy that he had a new suit instead of a hi fi also Compo in the blue suit that he borrowed from Eli.Classic stuff and it must be a rare episode where the whole cast are together in a episode :)

Yes, I always cherish the Summer Wine moments when the entire cast is together. That is part of why I always like the funeral and wedding episodes. I recently wrote about everyone being unified durig the showdown in Brushes at Dawn. I love the chemistry in the rare moments when the guys and ladies are together in unison (although they weren't quite in unison at Gouch and Jessie's).

Back