September 2014 ask Amos

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Yes it is the turn of Amos for September,please do not start asking until the 1st though,Thanks Terry

Good morning Amos.

First Summer Wine question. What got you into Summer Wine?

First none Summer Wine question. What do like doing when not watching Summer Wine?

OK pearl first. I have always been a fan. My granddad I suppose got me in to it. He was an Londoner like Bill Owen and used to watch it. When my mum was ill she watched it on gold and got hooked and so I gradually got into it.. Now I watch at least 1 episode a night. its a bit of a tradition now. Start from series one and work through.

Hi Cod. Five Favourite Characters. In no particular order

Compo of course. A classic comedy creation. His don't care about anything way of life.
Clegg. He is the gentle one of the show. He is always quick to shy away from capers. Possibly my favourite of all.
Wally. Poor down trodden wally. His deadpan face. He had a lot to put up with Nora.
Alvin is probably my most favourite of the later trio. He seemed to be a replacement in a way for Compo.
Howard. His antics trying to give pearl the slip always makes me laugh.

Oh Good question. It has to be Wally in The White mans grave. Replying to the trio.
" How are you going to get me back inside. I wish I never escaped" Making it sound like living with Nora is a prison. There are so many lines its hard to pick one.

Ok. Pearl first again. : ). Not a big fan of lot n0 8. With all those coffins. Creepy. Least favourite character. Wasn't any that I didn't really like. Didn't like Hobbo to start with and was just starting to warm to him when they axed the series.

Favourite third man. Good question. I have always stated that I liked Seymour. Some of his episodes were underrated. Foggy was great too but Seymour edges it........Just.

If you were able to talk to Roy Clarke, what would be one of your questions to him?

Ok. John first.

I think it has to be. When you take a good bite Yorkshire tastes terrible. It always has been a great episode for me. It's what I call Cleggs episode as it is really based around him.

The Two Scarborough episodes are very strong too. Well written and performed brilliantly by all involved.

Ok Beth now. : ) If I could talk to Roy. I would ask when he was writing the show was there a favourite actor that he enjoyed writing for the most. It had a steller cast. Also I would ask about his feelings for the bbc after axing the show.

Well I would be biased and say the bandit from stoke on trent because of my Alter Ego Amos Hames. The other episode would be A bicycle made for 3.

OK a question I was asked Amos, Do you have a "bucket list"? What are the top 3 things you want to accomplish in your life if you haven't already.

Back