Security Update

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I know I have mentioned this before but as we have several new members I thought I would just point out the need for using a good password for your forum account.
Sadly there are many people from many countries that for some perverse reason feel the need to hack into our little forum and cause disruption, I spent some time last year along with monitoring new attempts to build a block list of undesirables, for some reason yesterday it failed to work due to corruption in the list, it took a little while to clean it up and get it working again.

In that short time there was a huge spike in forum log in attempts from non-members, it is obvious this is not always a human sitting there but computers constantly looking for open sites, so please make sure your password is a decent one,at least 8 characters with numbers jumbled in, I cannot see your password but if you forget it the software will send you a reset link,so make sure the system has your correct e-mail address

Terry

Thank you for the warning. In my naïve little world I didn't realise anyone would want to mess things up for us.

Back