Scam Calls

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
These withheld,unknown,and international scam calls are truly a pain to many folk, one of my elderly neighbours was getting them at all hours, back in April I sorted her out with a way to block these calls, her router keeps a log of these calls with dates and times,some example of the call times that could be stressful to her and any one else are
00.32, 02.20, 03.57, 05.12, 00.11, 03.44 plus another 44 calls during daylight hours

I love the story I recently spotted online,where a warranty company was trying to contact a chap using a Private number, they left him messages and asked him to call back on a premium rate number, which he ignored.
After about 4 weeks of almost daily calls they called him off a real number, explaining they had been trying to reach him for weeks, he told them he knew but as they were calling from a private number, he respected their privacy and did not answer.

The amount of warrants out for my arrest is astounding. My youngest grandson is 11, he has a phone to play games on and message his cousins on WhatsApp and that's it, he was with me a while back and phone rang, he immediately gave me the phone as thats what he's been taught, he never answers it, it turns out my 11 year old grandson in under arrest for tax evasion ! The only people that have his number is family.

The amount of warrants out for my arrest is astounding. My youngest grandson is 11, he has a phone to play games on and message his cousins on WhatsApp and that's it, he was with me a while back and phone rang, he immediately gave me the phone as thats what he's been taught, he never answers it, it turns out my 11 year old grandson in under arrest for tax evasion ! The only people that have his number is family.

Oh dear Pearl, I am sorry. How on earth did they make that mistake?

While I detest this targeting of people which brings misery and the deepest anxiety there was one scam some years back that was well publicised as it was simply humorous . It was a Nigerian gentleman who had put out a plea for funding because he was stranded and needed to buy fuel for his rocket ship so he could return home . :)

If I have the time I love to waste their time, I think it's known as Scam Baiting, I play along and tell them I have to give them my credit card number (which of course is made up on the spot) digit by digit with a 20 second pause between each number. It's really funny to hear their response when I tell them I just wanted to waste their time. The way I look at it whilst I'm keeping them on the phone they're not scamming someone vulnerable.... :08:

If I have the time I love to waste their time, I think it's known as Scam Baiting, I play along and tell them I have to give them my credit card number (which of course is made up on the spot) digit by digit with a 20 second pause between each number. It's really funny to hear their response when I tell them I just wanted to waste their time. The way I look at it whilst I'm keeping them on the phone they're not scamming someone vulnerable.... :08:

I used to do similar to this some time back, my favourite was a Indian call centre telling me they were Microsoft, I played him like a fiddle for almost an hour, they wanted to put remote software on my PC, I kept failing all the stuff he wanted me to do, I kept him waiting several times saying there was someone at the door, or my mobile was ringing, in the end he was getting real angry when I told him I could not find files etc on my PC, he wanted me to check my version of windows, I replied it came back with a version of Linux, which I said was strange why Microsoft were calling to help me

These day they are stopped in their tracks, as I have binned my landline

If I dont know the number I dont answer it... if its legit they will leave a message an I'll call back...

I have well over 100 #'s in my block list from scammers/spammers/idiots etc

Back