Saw Marina on Coronation Street!

goodiesguy

Dedicated Member
I just saw Marina on Coronation Street (actually on my tv screen right now!!!). I know she's not playing Marina, but the voice is still the same, so All I see in whatever character she's playing is Marina. I keep on expecting Howard to pop round the corner.

I just saw Edith Clegg on Coronation St (actually in a quick scene with Kathy Staff in her tribute, Kathy Staff - Wrinkles and All). In the 1962 episode, Kathy's character turns to the store clerk and asks, "Are you Mrs. Clegg?" Whereupon the clerk replies, "That's right".

How about that? I had no idea...

Did many of the LOTSW characters come from Coronation Street?

As a yank, I've never seen CS. Is/was it any good?

GrampaB

I just saw Edith Clegg on Coronation St (actually in a quick scene with Kathy Staff in her tribute, Kathy Staff - Wrinkles and All). In the 1962 episode, Kathy's character turns to the store clerk and asks, "Are you Mrs. Clegg?" Whereupon the clerk replies, "That's right".

How about that? I had no idea...

Did many of the LOTSW characters come from Coronation Street?

As a yank, I've never seen CS. Is/was it any good?

GrampaB

Puzzled by this. First though, no LOTSW characters came from Coronation Street. Very different stables and pedigree. There has been the occasional actor who had part in both productions but NEVER as the same character. Is Coronation Street any good? - depends if you like never ending kitchen sink soaps. Far different from LOTSW.

Research into Wikipedia indicates there have been for Cleggs in the cast over the 50 plus years but no Edith. Also, Kathy Staff was not in Coronation Street in 1962 but from 1973 to 1975. At that time the only Clegg listed is Gordon Clegg.

Back