Same old BBC.....

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
I've been on the BBC site to look at the Schedule for BBC4 following @Thomas95 mentioning it had a few programmes in recognition of what would have been Peter Sallis' 100th birthday. Not only was I surprised to see it's not on until tomorrow (why when today is his birthday???) but also the picture of the episode doesn't include Peter, and includes Russ Abbott who wasn't to join the series for nearly 10 years after this particular episode was shown. The lack of reverence for one of it's most successful ever comedies doesn't seem to change sadly........

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 19.55.24.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 19.55.24.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 17
I suspect none of the current BBC employees know much about the programme or know Blamire from Billy, so as long as it's a summer wine episode, hay ho.

You'd hope someone knows about it and they selected the Secret Birthday of Norman Clegg to celebrate the fact he would have been 100 albeit as Barrie pointed out a day late now . On occasions ITV presenters walk past their wall of Fame at the studios on their way to the stage I wonder if the corridors of the BEEB have a similar set up and if indeed the Last of the Summer Wine programme is represented might mail BBC and find out

I'm seriously considering following Terrys lead and cancelling my license fee, the BBC is 'investing' £100m of license payers into 'inclusion & diversity' over the next 3 years, probably 0.5% of that would have paid for LOTSW for 3 years....:mad:

I've been on the BBC site to look at the Schedule for BBC4 following @Thomas95 mentioning it had a few programmes in recognition of what would have been Peter Sallis' 100th birthday. Not only was I surprised to see it's not on until tomorrow (why when today is his birthday???) but also the picture of the episode doesn't include Peter, and includes Russ Abbott who wasn't to join the series for nearly 10 years after this particular episode was shown. The lack of reverence for one of it's most successful ever comedies doesn't seem to change sadly........

The Beeb seem to have an unfortunate tendency to disrespect programmes that the bigwigs don't like.

Perhaps 'British' should be replaced with 'Bias' BC which would be a more accurate description nowadays. Nuff said.

An absolute disgrace bbc don't care about the show
Why would they? They've made their money out of it

And honestly majority of people these days in the need for instant gratification wouldnt watch it.. its written brilliantly, great acting - nothing like anything thats been released in last 15 years

Be thankful they put anything on wrong photo, 1 day late or not.

Back