Saint Patrick

I was "oot on the Toon" yesterday it was awash with Guinness I'm strictly a spirit drinker not had a Guinness in ten years but had one for nostalgia purposes went down a treat but not going back to beer/stout/lager/cider trail anytime soon . In one of the older Bars they had any Irish band you can think of on a loop including a song by Goats Don't Shave [brilliant name for a band] Let the World Keep on Turning from their Rusty Razor album which I have owned for years and was played endlessly when I was on night shift but never since because you simply forget about such music as the years ebb away.

Liverpool was MENTAL !!!!....there are thousands and thousands of 1st,2nd and 3rd generation Irish in my city !!!....they say Liverpool is the capital of Ireland !!!...[my father was from County Mayo]...PLUS.....we have the cheap flights from Dublin so you can imagine the scenes at 10am when people with big Guinness hats,ginger wigs and [unfortunately !!] whistles are waiting for all the Irish pubs to open [we actually now have an "Irish Quarter" in the city centre ???????].
We had a massive parade which is a joy to see.....loads of pipe bands from Ireland,Scotland and Liverpool.....I know it is just an excuse for people to become "Irish" for 1 day but it brings people together and creates a vibrant,happy,loony atmosphere throughout the City centre !!!!......long may it continue.
All my love,
Keith...[the half Irish half Scouse Docker !!!!].
X!

Back