Sadly,Madly,Bradly 20th Anniversary.

This is Standedge tunnel,where a few of the Seymour episodes were filmed,including Treasure of the deep

Attachments

• AF895185-E411-4328-ACC3-794B3196D818.jpeg
    AF895185-E411-4328-ACC3-794B3196D818.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 12
  • 4D946D60-A237-44F1-947A-3BD84EF56DB0.jpeg
    4D946D60-A237-44F1-947A-3BD84EF56DB0.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 10
  • 2EB8CA24-F377-4089-A38A-2A59BE14A887.jpeg
    2EB8CA24-F377-4089-A38A-2A59BE14A887.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 10
Chuffer.....on behalf of every Barmpot family member....from the 4 corners of the earth I want to say a MASSIVE THANKYOU.
Your amazing posts and beautiful photography enhance each and everyone's lives...and I can assure you from my point of view......they make me happy,when skies are grey !!!!.
I cannot thank you enough for the effort you put in,and the care and attention to detail to explain every photo.....and you DO IT ALL FOR US !!!!.
It is a selfless task Chuffer,and without you and your wonderful posts people who will never have the opportunity to visit the beautiful Holmfirth and surrounding areas FEEL part of OUR show.....you make the magic come alive my friend !!!!.
Once again Chuffer....THANK YOU FROM US ALL.....you bring SO MUCH to OUR WEBSITE,AND OUR MEMORIES.
Keith.
X!

Keith thank you so much,what a lovely post,what wonderful words,thankyou very very much,you are a true friend and I love your posts filled with enthusiasm and love,I really appreciate those comments,THANKYOU xx
I’v just noticed I didn’t put the photos up of the funeral parlour in Slaithwaite and I’v deleted them,I’ll try and retrieve them.
I’m off to Doncaster today to see our Glenda as Miss Marple in A Murder is Announced at the Cast theatre,I’ll let you know how it was.
Thankyou again Keith,and to everyone for the likes and views,I’m privileged to be able to walk where our heroes walked,and it’s nice to think that people who live far away will be able to see the images,I just add the dialogue to stir a few memories and get a sense of the scene.
Now to find those deleted photos and off to see Glenda,
Thankyou,love Chuffer x

Brilliant Chuffer!! Members elsewhere in the globe who have watched the episodes must be absolutely thrilled to see these photos . The stand out item for me aside from all the great photos is the realisation of how good the dialogue Roy Clarke wrote for Bradley is he. Clearly has some of the best lines in the show , the quip about Ivy's Cafe is priceless . If she'd heard him fully can you imagine her reaction, they'd need a joiner to re-hang the Cafe Door . Its a great thread, thank you so much for posting it and taking time in your busy life to produce it. :)

Brilliant Chuffer!! Members elsewhere in the globe who have watched the episodes must be absolutely thrilled to see these photos . The stand out item for me aside from all the great photos is the realisation of how good the dialogue Roy Clarke wrote for Bradley is he. Clearly has some of the best lines in the show , the quip about Ivy's Cafe is priceless . If she'd heard him fully can you imagine her reaction, they'd need a joiner to re-hang the Cafe Door . Its a great thread, thank you so much for posting it and taking time in your busy life to produce it. :)
Thankyou so much captain I really appreciate that,I love the line about it looks like a salmonella shop,not just the line but how he delivered it and his facial expression,played superbly by Gordon Langford-Rowe who as I said had been a schoolteacher for 30 years prior to taking up acting,I’m glad he did,I some more photos to add to the recent New Mill and Hade Edge threads but I’ll wait till I have more,but I just had to do the Sadly,Madly,Bradly walk on the 20th anniversary,thankyou again x

Great photos. A fair bit of erosion has gone on in the intervening years when you compare some of the scenery shots.
I know ferret that’s exactly what I thought about the erosion,some of the places were difficult to pinpoint,in fact for the life of me I couldn’t find the single tree right by the waters edge as they all set off in the dinghy,it’s probably gone,20 years later judging by some of the erosion,although it all looks a lot better in summer x

As always, a fabulous job Chuffer! What tremendous dedication you must have! I really appreciate the then and now photos side by side. Now I shall have to rewatch the episode and look for the photo locations.
Moodyblue is right, you make it all come alive again. It's not just in the past, it's still here with us, in reach and never ending. That wonderful world of Summer Wine Land. Thank you so very much.

As always, a fabulous job Chuffer! What tremendous dedication you must have! I really appreciate the then and now photos side by side. Now I shall have to rewatch the episode and look for the photo locations.
Moodyblue is right, you make it all come alive again. It's not just in the past, it's still here with us, in reach and never ending. That wonderful world of Summer Wine Land. Thank you so very much.
Thankyou so much Eithne,as always you have a wonderful way of expressing with words how you feel,I wish I had that gift,it’s a pleasure to share them,Summer Wine land is still here,and it’s still as beautiful and tranquil,none of that is made up in the show,it’s all so lovely and peaceful out there and around every corner I hear voices in my head from a scene I am reminded of.
Yes,watch it again,it’s a brilliant episode,thankyou xxx

Absolutely awesome pictures, Chuffer! Thank you so much for sharing as well as the time and effort you have put in to the pictures. :18:

Very well said, Eithne. The pictures bring the episodes home to us in today's current time.
Thanks so much Rick,I really appreciate that,pondering my next anniversary walk now,a few in consideration including the 25th anniversary of How To Create a Monster,but I’ll leave it a while and have a think,thankyou x

Hey Chuffer you have created yourself a Monster , thankfully its extremely friendly , brings great joy to fans one and all and most importantly whilst its an onerous effort to match the photos, write the dialogue , undertake a lengthy walk I suspect everything is forgotten in the euphoria of retracing the footsteps of all those iconic actors and actresses who brought us our beloved show . Power to the Peter Storms [ walking boot brand] . :);)

Hey Chuffer you have created yourself a Monster , thankfully its extremely friendly , brings great joy to fans one and all and most importantly whilst its an onerous effort to match the photos, write the dialogue , undertake a lengthy walk I suspect everything is forgotten in the euphoria of retracing the footsteps of all those iconic actors and actresses who brought us our beloved show . Power to the Peter Storms [ walking boot brand] . :);)
Haha thankyou very much captain,and you’re absolutely correct my friend,like on the last walk when I stood at the base of the tree in Hey Green where Bradley stood when he told them the sun was going to go out,and I rest there and play that scene in my head,it is certainly worth it,Peter Storm is a great brand,but I’v just bought myself a new pair of Merrell Accentor Gtx,still in the box,and and all ready for the spring and summer,bring on those Summer Wine hills x

I’ll choose a nice day in the spring,when the weather is warmer,and have decided that the next will be the 25th anniversary of Destiny and six bananas,an absolute classic and one of my favourites,everyone is on top form in this episode and our very own Peri plays a part,it will be a very long walk,but as the captain said,to stand in their very footsteps is worth every moment of it,
Chuffer x

Back