Sad news

chris

Dedicated Member
I have received some very sad news this morning regarding Big Unc Frank Moyes his daughter Cat emailed me to say that he passed away on the 13th January in Dunfermline he had cancer last year but it spread and took hold. I used to email him regularily on many shared things ,the show,RNLI,railways he came across as a wonderful person and will be sorely missed his funeral is on the 25th of the month in Dunfermline a very sad loss ,miss you Frank.

I had the same email.
Big Unc, was just lovely, he helped me out with a few computer problems etc.
We were on the same cruise ship as well, but I never got to meet him

Good night Big Unc, you will be missed.

Minxie xx

I have received some very sad news this morning regarding Big Unc Frank Moyes his daughter Cat emailed me to say that he passed away on the 13th January in Dunfermline he had cancer last year but it spread and took hold. I used to email him regularily on many shared things ,the show,RNLI,railways he came across as a wonderful person and will be sorely missed his funeral is on the 25th of the month in Dunfermline a very sad loss ,miss you Frank.

Thanks for letting us know Chris

Such sad news. I did not know Mr Moyes but I've how fond member's were of him. RIP BIG UNC.

so awright, I am at a loss here.

I thought Big Unc was a Paul Luty character on LOTSW, but obviously
not. That was Big Malcolm.

So who or what was Big Unc??? Who is Frank Moyes???

helppppp

Big Unc was a regular poster on here and 'the other forum' which is now long defunct.

He had very sound knowledge of the show, and his posts were always informative.

He hadn't sent many messages in the last few months or so.

Very sad news, will be sorely missed.

Such a sweet man and loved his spiritual posts on Facebook. I had no idea he was sick. Love you Frank. See ya later my fellow barmpot. :(

TO OUR Big Unc

Have been MIA on here for about 7 months. Today I received a PM from our Pearl about the passing of our brother barmpot Big Unc. He always made chit chat on many post over the few years that I knew him on here and also posted many spritual post on Facebook. Him being a a God fearing man,we know he is now one of God's angels. HE LOOKED GOOD IN A KILT TOO!!

Rest in peace Big Unc xoxo

His funeral is on Monday so Monday I'll start a thread asking people the C&P their favourite posts from him. I think its a good way of remembering one of our own barmpots.

OMG just returning to the forum to pay my respects. Big Unc was a stalwart just like George. He will be missed by everyone. RIP unc : (

I am just back on the forum not the sort of post you would hope to see ,such a sad and sombre thread . It is not only distressing for his family but also for those of you who grew to know him as an extended family member, you all must be devastated by this sad lost, my best wishes and condolences to all.

Big Unc was the man.

He would talk about anything.

He could talk about something he claimed to have little understanding of, and at the end it appeared he knew a lot!!

Would like to add my condolences.I didn't know Big Unc that well,but he sounded a lovely man,I remember he recently brilliantly defused and ended a thread about political persuasions with a great joke about a bird being crapped on and knowing who your friends are,great way to end the thread,Respect Frank.RIP.

Back