Roy Clarke on BBC Breakfast

:merrychristmas:
Thanks for the clip. Hey Big Unc, do you recall the book title by Roy Clarke? Would love to read. Ivy based on his wife huh! She was a feisty one. Thanks.

Merry Christmas from Tennessee USA

Speaking of Ivy and regarding Still Open All Hours.....

I know this is just pure specualtion but wouldn't it be nice to see the likes of Jane Freeman, Mike Grady, Josephine Tewson making a few appearances?

Hey Big Unc, do you recall the book title by Roy Clarke? Would love to read. Ivy based on his wife huh! She was a feisty one. Thanks.

Sorry it has taken me a while to address this - but it has been that time of year.

Sorry also if I might have misled you. The book to which I was referring was not by Roy Clarke himself. To best of my recollection it was in the Andrew Vine book, 'Last of the Summer Wine' and Roy made these observations in discussion/interview with the author.

Thanks big unc. I have been reading through some old threads and found the question and answer section from Andrew Vine, I see there are a few books I need to read. The autobiographies of Bill and Peter, plus Andrews book. I have been on vacation over the holidays that is why I have had time to dig up the threads. Also using the search to find answers to a lot of questions I have on Yorkshire, being from the US I have to do research sometimes when watching. Best show ever. :)

Thanks big unc. I have been reading through some old threads and found the question and answer section from Andrew Vine, I see there are a few books I need to read. The autobiographies of Bill and Peter, plus Andrews book. I have been on vacation over the holidays that is why I have had time to dig up the threads. Also using the search to find answers to a lot of questions I have on Yorkshire, being from the US I have to do research sometimes when watching. Best show ever. :)
Peter's book "Fading into the limelight is quite good. I have the audio version in which Peter is the narrator and it's really nice listening to him talk about his life and career in his own words.

Peter's book "Fading into the limelight is quite good. I have the audio version in which Peter is the narrator and it's really nice listening to him talk about his life and career in his own words.

But if you expect a lot about LOTSW in Fading into the Limelight you will be disappointed. There's another thread about Peter's new book called Summer Wine and Other Stories. Not clear yet if this is just Fading updated, or new with the emphasis on Summer Wine. Feeling is it might be an update of the original.

Philosopher C - I suspect that you are correct in that it is really an update of "Fading ..." however once I have read the same shall let you know. ;) ;) ;)

Yes I too think it will be an update but as Peter was in every episode, he must have so many wonderful memories of Summer Wine, I am keeping my fingers crossed he is sharing some more of them. :)

Thanks Philosopher Clegg, Norm, and barmpot. I read on thread where it may be a second edition. Appreciate info. Enjoyed looking through old threads some 2 years old! True fans here. Thanks again from Tennessee,USA. Good night.

Back