Roy Clarke must like clapped out motors or anything ramshackle

C W Northrop

Dedicated Member
they didnt just crop up in LOTSW-the delivery van in Open All Hours(which I'm convinced doubled as Ludovic's van),Onslow's motor in Keeping Up Appearances,the sound of a backfiring exhaust is almost the soundtrack to his work

Wesleys motors were always the most ramshackle objects that you can imagine ,a car without smoke would not do for him although his landrovers did not smoke.Seeing Wesley with his cap on fire was a regular feature to look forward to.The van that Arkwright bought was very like Ludovics and Granville was as scared as Clegg driving it,it was great when Clegg threw the door over the wall and hit Howard on the head.The walls falling off in the feild was fantastic and Foggy praying ,magic.

Wesleys motors were always the most ramshackle objects that you can imagine ,a car without smoke would not do for him although his landrovers did not smoke.Seeing Wesley with his cap on fire was a regular feature to look forward to.The van that Arkwright bought was very like Ludovics and Granville was as scared as Clegg driving it,it was great when Clegg threw the door over the wall and hit Howard on the head.The walls falling off in the feild was fantastic and Foggy praying ,magic.
Thnk youre getting your episodes mixed up Howard wasnt in Cheering Up Ludovic

I loved that old gold-painted Shinyglow van.
Did anyone notice - The same van appears in another episode !

Does it? I didn´t notice. But I think that old red Ford from the Splash in Wales episode became Barry´s and Glenda´s car a couple of years later.

Which episode does the Shinyglow van rea-appear?

I think the first car Barry and Glenda had was an Austin 1800.

Which episode does the Shinyglow van rea-appear?

I think the first car Barry and Glenda had was an Austin 1800.

If memory serves me right there is a similar van in the open sequence of Mending Stuart's Leg

Does it? I didn´t notice. But I think that old red Ford from the Splash in Wales episode became Barry´s and Glenda´s car a couple of years later.
couple,think you mean 9 :)

Oh, I thought you could say "a couple" if you mean "some". No?
It works in Texas! (Normally if you mean more than two you would say several.)

Thank you for that information! LOL, god knows how often I said "a couple" when I meant several, I think I said it everytime! Drat! ;D

watch it ****, ::) Chuffer will be saying you always say that!! :eek:

Ahhh, stop confusing a poor German girl with an even poorer English, lol!!!
Just to satisfy my curiosity ****. How do we pronounce your name please? Is it like some of the ' lazy ' talk from my area 'anky (instead of handkerchief) or is it like the cross of the ancient egyptians ' Ankh '?? ??? :D I ask the question purely to further my own understanding of language.

LOL, well, when I´m in England everybody calls me Anky as in hanky, but it´s wrong, and Ankh is even worse ;D. It´s more like "uncle" minus the L. But I quite like Anky by now, so I don´t mind being called Anky. Sounds less harsh and rough.

OK Unce!! Well you said without the L

I must say I thought it would have been pronounced An- ke thus Anky as in hanky panky -but languages are not my strong point at all.

Back