Rocks in welcome to Earth

Does anybody know where the rocks that the trio sit on in Welcome to earth are.

I could be wrong - something for which I have a distinct penchant - but I seem to recollect (working with an incredibly shrunken memory capacity) that we discussed this fairly recently and concluded that these rocks were artificial.

Does anybody know where the rocks that the trio sit on in Welcome to earth are.

I could be wrong - something for which I have a distinct penchant - but I seem to recollect (working with an incredibly shrunken memory capacity) that we discussed this fairly recently and concluded that these rocks were artificial.
You are right Unc , we did discuss it because one of us googled and tried to locate them??

Really? wow must have missed that conversation along the line. They are very real looking though.
Thanks anyway Unc. :)

Yes they were indeed artificial, and made by the BBC props department. I think it is noted in one of the Summer Wine books, possible The Finest Vintage.

Yes they were indeed artificial, and made by the BBC props department. I think it is noted in one of the Summer Wine books, possible The Finest Vintage.

Many kudos to the props department. I watched this one recently and was getting all excited about a Yorkshire Stonehenge, yet there was a tickle in the back of my mind that ancient stone circles are mostly found in the South (Cornwall, etc.), and are usually located on a large plain far from any rivers. Finally, a large stone circle, if it had been real, would have garnered at least a mention in the guidebooks. Once again, kudos to the props department.

agreed adanor, the props dept did a tremendous job as they always did.....however, stone circles are found all over these islands, even in Yorkshire, castlerigg in the lakes is well known and of course what about the Orkneys ;)

Quite a few scenes had specially constructed sets - including bridges across rivers and so on thus now we can not recreate those scenes. Well done the designer.

Back