Roast

Amos Hames 2

Dedicated Member
Am I the only one who has a Roast every Sunday. Bit of a tradition in our house. Plus while on the subject of food. Do Hash Brown's belong on a traditional English breakfast. Thoughts please

I doubt if you're the only one but I don't have a routine, I'll have a roast dinner when I want one.

Wouldn't thank you for a Roast dinner time has moved on although not for some . I can see the merits of a Sunday family gathering around a table to share food just not Sunday Lunch . I dismay at British Tourists who hunt around resorts abroad in the hope of finding a British style pub serving John Smith's and Sunday Lunch :mad:

Wouldn't thank you for a Roast dinner time has moved on although not for some . I can see the merits of a Sunday family gathering around a table to share food just not Sunday Lunch . I dismay at British Tourists who hunt around resorts abroad in the hope of finding a British style pub serving John Smith's and Sunday Lunch :mad:
Each to our own Cap. Feels like I just had a telling off lol .

I'm trying to eat more fish so that's my usual choice when out for Sunday lunch. But I do like a proper Yorkshire pudding!

Do you normally have roast beef or do you mix up your meats a bit!?

Fish with Yorkshire pudding, that's an unusual combination.
Joking aside I have asked for a Yorkshire with my fish in restaurants occasionally!!! I only like freshly made ones though, the Aunt Bessie style ones are not for me!!!!

Each to our own Cap. Feels like I just had a telling off lol .

Not at all Amos I was merely pointing out traditional lunch has long passed me by and I cannot comprehend why anyone would go to another country and look for cuisine from their own country over the best the country they are visiting can offer how do you ever broaden your horizons? :)

Sunday roast is a permanent in my home, EVERY Sunday!
I'm on my own now but I won't change a habit of a lifetime.

When we were the Family, the good woman and the kids and I it was a ritual. I am proud to state that it was not a chore, we all looked forward to it, and really enjoyed it. It was a time to enjoy good excellent food and sit and talk. Talk about the past week and and our plans for the next week.

Yes, Sunday roast will be with me until.......

Sunday roast is a permanent in my home, EVERY Sunday!
I'm on my own now but I won't change a habit of a lifetime.

When we were the Family, the good woman and the kids and I it was a ritual. I am proud to state that it was not a chore, we all looked forward to it, and really enjoyed it. It was a time to enjoy good excellent food and sit and talk. Talk about the past week and and our plans for the next week.

Yes, Sunday roast will be with me until.......
I did not know they did roast pasties Tony

It's a type of blood sausage, cow or pigs blood and fat mixed with oatmeal and seasoning. It's banned in the US.

It is the MOST delicious delicacy served with your eggs/5 rashers of bacon/4sausages/baked beans/mushrooms and tomatoes.i.e. ya typical English breakfast.... I adore it!
Me too! Only decent butchers black pudding tho, the cheap stuff ain’t the best of course with HP sauce. There is white pudding too I like that as well. For our overseas friends if you ever do make it to Holmfirth the full Yorkshire breakfast at The Bridge is not to be missed

Back