RIP Tom Owen

Absolutely devastating news, from what I can gather he was possibly going to participate in next years 50th celebrations.

Several newspapers with online editions covered Tom's death, some with more background about his life and career than others. At only 73, he was much too young!

How very sad not many of the cast survive it just shows mortality is just around the corner always difficult for him to find a role following in his Father's footsteps it must have been so daunting after a shaky start I think he grew into it as a double act with Smiler. A very sad loss.

How very sad not many of the cast survive it just shows mortality is just around the corner always difficult for him to find a role following in his Father's footsteps it must have been so daunting after a shaky start I think he grew into it as a double act with Smiler. A very sad loss.
I also enjoyed Tom's earlier years, as a shady character. I thought this side of Tom had some good moments with the gullible Barry.

I am one of those who not only feels that the quality of the series remained sky-high right up until the end, but also that Tom Simmonite was an excellent addition, expertly portrayed by Tom Owen.

I am one of those who not only feels that the quality of the series remained sky-high right up until the end, but also that Tom Simmonite was an excellent addition, expertly portrayed by Tom Owen.
I am with you on that. I always liked Tom. I never thought of him as Bill's direct replacement but as a very good addition to the enlarging cast in the later years.

Back