RIP Richard Davies

That is so sad, I liked him in Please Sir. We lost Hugh Scully and Gordon Honeycombe yesterday too, I grow up with those two reading the news.

I too grew up with Gordon Honeycombe as the voice of ITV News . I had a quick look at Richard Davies portfolio on IMDB and whilst he was never a star he had a varied and interesting career . Prior to getting anywhere near Please Sir he had parts in the Lavender Hill Mob and Zulu, two iconic films . In TV terms he had parts in some of the biggest shows of their time with viewing figures as high as Summer Wine at its peak , No Hiding Place , Softly Softly and Dixon of Dock Green but of course to everyone he was Mr Price in Please Sir .

He also appeared in an episode of Wyatts Watchdogs with Trevor Bannister and Brian Wilde. He popped up in quite a few things I used to watch.

Very sad news indeed.

As well as playing Mr Price in Please Sir, series and film, other great achievements include;
Hotel guest in Fawlty Towers - The Kipper and the Corpse.
Victor's childhood friend in One Foot in the Grave - Monday Morning Will Be Fine - recommended.
And if you want cheap meat, see Albert Steptoe and Richard Davies as the butcher in Steptoe and Son Ride Again.

Back