RIP George Cole

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Sad to hear the news that George Cole has died aged 90,always enjoyed whatever he was in

Terry

Just seen the news Terry Enjoyed him from the earliest ST TRINIANS up to and including Minder . ( R I P 'ARFUR! ):39:

Sad to hear the news that George Cole has died aged 90,always enjoyed whatever he was in

Terry

Sad yet another icon sadly passes away always remembered as Arfur and earlier as Flash Harry in St Trinians two great parts portrayed with great aplomb by Mr Cole. In a previous thread I was trying to expand on a "where are they now" theme for the LOTSW characters and although George did not star in our beloved series it simply reinforces the point I made in that thread .

Once a show finishes the actors disappear and the first you hear about them is when they pass away . I think I concluded that thread by stating it would be nice to know if these actors ,who have given us such great pleasure, are hopefully in reasonable health and living in relative comfort , which is not too much to ask in return for the enjoyment they have provided to so many.

George was excellent in everything he was in.

Best known for Minder, films with Alistair Sim, Blott on the Landscape, St Trinians films, and for me a fairly short-lived sitcom called Dad.

George was once of the nicest people ever in show business. This was common knowledge long before he died.

Apparently old Minder co-star Dennis Waterman visited George just before he died. Apparently George wanted a whiskey!

Am I right in remembering him as a somewhat sinister "patriarchal" head of family in an episode of Midsomer Murders??:mad:

Yes he was. In a wheelchair rigging up remote control bombs and machine guns....as you do in Midsomer.

Back