Rick Blackman.

Douglas Enwright

Dedicated Member
Rick Blackman is the son of Christopher Beeny,another character who I loved,I really liked the alternative trio of Toby,Barry and Morton.
I follow Rick on Twitter because he makes lots of Summer Wine posts,a couple of weeks ago he visited Holmfirth and the Summer Wine exhibition to see the places where his Dad filmed,and put photos up of his visit,he also visited Luddenden where In Loving Memory was filmed in which his Dad starred with the brilliant Dame Thora Hird.
That got me thinking,did Herman or Morton ever speak to or even meet Edie Pegden in the show,when I saw an episode where PC Cooper ran into the cafe for a bacon butty I remember thinking I bet that’s the first time PC Cooper has ever spoken to Ivy in the show,or possibly even met her.
Are there any other regular characters in the show who never met,or spoke to each other .
The point of this post is that it was Jonathan Linsleys birthday yesterday,and he met Rick Blackman with some of his artwork (by Crusher) and Rick posted the photos.
I asked Rick Blackman if I could share the photos on this forum and he said yes,so for those of you without Twitter this is Morton Beamish’s son with Crusher,
Chuffer x
AF61425F-2F0E-46D9-B65F-BCC6BE290D4E.jpegDF96B17B-75BB-442A-BACA-758C8A47BA2F.jpeg

In Loving Memory with Thora and Chris is a really good show. Can't remember them meeting in LotSW.
It was Rick yes,I didn’t really watch it much or know much about it,I vaguely remember watching it at the time but wasn’t a huge fan,but following the son of Chris on Twitter it was really interesting when he visited Luddenden where it was filmed,wasn’t it strange how they both then ended up on LOTSW but never met on screen,I wonder if they ever met off screen,British comedy just isn’t the same now,take care my friend x

I was chatting to Chris Beeney during a filming break and I mentioned how much I enjoyed In Loving Memory, he told me the scene with Thora when he was naked in the kitchen cupboard, and he covered his privates with a Jelly Mold, the line from Thora was ad-lib when she said, Oh Billy my favourite Jelly Mold.
He also told me he had digs in Oxenhope while filming and most days used to cycle to Luddenden, anyone knowing that route will know it one heck of a hill climb for about 2 miles, then downhill the rest of the way, and the opposite on the return trip. I lived nearby and when heading to Hebden bridge went via that route, Chris would of turned off at Pecket Well, but for him each way must of been 20 miles.
You would of thought they would of let him use the hearse for transport

I was chatting to Chris Beeney during a filming break and I mentioned how much I enjoyed In Loving Memory, he told me the scene with Thora when he was naked in the kitchen cupboard, and he covered his privates with a Jelly Mold, the line from Thora was ad-lib when she said, Oh Billy my favourite Jelly Mold.
He also told me he had digs in Oxenhope while filming and most days used to cycle to Luddenden, anyone knowing that route will know it one heck of a hill climb for about 2 miles, then downhill the rest of the way, and the opposite on the return trip. I lived nearby and when heading to Hebden bridge went via that route, Chris would of turned off at Pecket Well, but for him each way must of been 20 miles.
You would of thought they would of let him use the hearse for transport
That was really interesting maltrab,from what I’v read of him and the posts Rick puts up he sounded like a really nice man,I laughed when I read that line about the jelly mould and instinctively read it in Thora’s voice,off topic but one of my favourite old films is Went the day well,it’s worth watching just to see Thora Hird with a rifle shooting at German soldiers from the kitchen window,it was made actually during the war I think as a kind of propaganda film and some of the scenes were quite graphic and violent for cinema in those days.

Mr Blackman posted these photos on January 3rd this year,the second anniversary of his Dad’s death,he said it was heartwarming seeing the tributes on there and knowing he is remembered so fondly,we on here will always love him,he also posted this pic of the tv times alongside it,I didn’t realise Sherrie Hewson was in it too
F5B1743C-4FEE-49E0-BC69-812F8B003056.jpeg65CAD18D-822D-4B58-889A-7E304DB7C980.jpeg

Mr Blackman posted these photos on January 3rd this year,the second anniversary of his Dad’s death,he said it was heartwarming seeing the tributes on there and knowing he is remembered so fondly,we on here will always love him,he also posted this pic of the tv times alongside it,I didn’t realise Sherrie Hewson was in it too
View attachment 4677View attachment 4678
The actor who played Cleggs Cousin Aubrey was also in it too, it's a really sweet gentle comedy that definitely is worth watching. It's on Dailymotion so I've posted the link Chuffer if you want to sample it!

Absolutely hilarious scene and one of my favorite episodes of the series. Very interesting info on Chris cycling between Oxenhope and Luddenden, Terry. Thanks for sharing that. Talk about a great way of staying fit between filming shows. I imagine it must have been a pretty ride.

That was really interesting maltrab,from what I’v read of him and the posts Rick puts up he sounded like a really nice man,I laughed when I read that line about the jelly mould and instinctively read it in Thora’s voice,off topic but one of my favourite old films is Went the day well,it’s worth watching just to see Thora Hird with a rifle shooting at German soldiers from the kitchen window,it was made actually during the war I think as a kind of propaganda film and some of the scenes were quite graphic and violent for cinema in those days.
One of my favourites, I’ve mentioned it on here before. Another one I recently watched again was This England (1941)

One of my favourites, I’ve mentioned it on here before. Another one I recently watched again was This England (1941)
Love those old films ferret,this was another film made during the war,like Went the day well,to galvanise the people’s spirit,and it’s still a great watch today.

Talking Pictures channel is such a great hit with the public because it shows films, tv programmes of yesteryear always look to see what's on daily often hit the record button if I don't have time to watch there and then.
I watc and record programmes on Talking Pictures TV more than any other channel,it’s the first channel I look at when going through the TV guide.

Back