Remedies

Ever had your throat painted with iodine? Every time I went to the school nurse's office with a sore throat she'd first check for spots that looked sore and if she found any she would paint them with iodine on a long-handled cotton swab. Worked a treat and usually prevented the threatened cold from developing.

bourbon and red vermouth and a bit of ice

I had a very good friend and work colleague who , if he had an upset stomach, drank port and brandy mixed to settle it . As you can imagine it was fairly expensive . In the drinking company we had one guy who would never pay his turn . He would always be last in the pub and first out knowing his turn to buy the drinks would not come around in the time we were there.

Our haunt was near some shops so one day we all hid ourselves in the record shop and waited until this guy went past and into the pub . We then followed him in and complained that we had bad stomachs and would be trying this cure on recommendation of my good friend . The guy went white but had to pay up and with six of us queuing for the drink it was probably the most expensive round ever but at least taught him a valuable lesson.

I have to say it taught me to never drink port and brandy to cure anything, from not having a genuine upset stomach it added authenticity to our story . I don't know how my friend dreamt it would cure his ails but seemed to work for him.

I had a very good friend and work colleague who , if he had an upset stomach, drank port and brandy mixed to settle it . As you can imagine it was fairly expensive . In the drinking company we had one guy who would never pay his turn . He would always be last in the pub and first out knowing his turn to buy the drinks would not come around in the time we were there..
Was his name Foggy by any chance?:08:

Back