Reflecting on Summer Wine and One Wish

codfanglers

Dedicated Member
Looking back on decades of Last of the Summer Wine, what is one thing you wish you could see more of? Or what is one thing that never happened in Last of the Summer Wine that you would have loved to have seen?

I am currently on Series 6 and having recently viewed the Blamire years, I wish the bolder and rebellious Clegg lasted longer into the show. I have recently seen a clip of Blamire, Cleggs, and Compo strutting together almost as if they were tough guys. We just don't see enough of the more brash Clegg. He turned extremely soft way too early in the show.

How about your wishes and reflections?

What a brilliant question! I wish the show had been allowed to continue for 3 more years, most of the main actors would have still been alive so it could have continued to the important milestone of 40 years. Then I would have had a feature length ending or at least a special to give the series the send off it deserved.

It would HAVE been nice to of seen more of Crusher, I know he lost weight, but they could of fitted him with a fat suit and kept him in the show

I'm sure I read somewhere that they rejected the fat suit idea because Jonathan Linsley had also lost a lot of weight around the face and, therefore, it would have looked slightly odd.

I wish we'd seen more of Wally and Sid together, those two had real magic when together. I also wish we'd seen more of Wainwright the lecherous librarian charming the ladies in his creepy way, he'd have been a good match for Marina but my biggest wish would have been to see more of Lily Bless Her she was a great character, a real tart with a heart.

I would have loved Nora to finally concede to Compo's desire and let him move in [would it be " Over the Brush " ;) ] the contrast of the scruffy untidy lifestyle we see inside Compo's house contrasted with the "nipping clean" house Nora keeps would be only one facet of a fascinating match up.

I wish we'd seen more of Wally and Sid together, those two had real magic when together. I also wish we'd seen more of Wainwright the lecherous librarian charming the ladies in his creepy way, he'd have been a good match for Marina but my biggest wish would have been to see more of Lily Bless Her she was a great character, a real tart with a heart.
Help me out. Who is Lily Bless?

I think an episode with two of the "third men" together. Perhaps Foggy and Seymour should have been in an episode together, or perhaps Blamire and Foggy. There were a couple of episodes with two of the third men, but I'd like to see them actually meet and interact with each other. I know that never happened, but it easily could have done and might have made a great memorable episode..

Back