Recent Posts

Big Unc

Dedicated Member
I am totally lost. Where is the 'Recent Posts' page because that to which one is taken by the 'Latest Posts' link sure isn't it.

I am totally lost. Where is the 'Recent Posts' page because that to which one is taken by the 'Latest Posts' link sure isn't it.
Good morning.
The "Latest Posts" button at the top will take you to a page listing all new posts since your last visit.
You can also get there by clicking the "Search" drop down menu in the navigation bar, and then selecting either "Find New Posts" (since your last visit) or "Find Todays Posts" (that means new posts within the last 24 hours)
Hope that helps a little ???

One thing I will add however, is that as I have just done the database import it will take a couple of hours for the number-crunching to catch up. That button WILL work, just please be a little patient :)

Thank you
Tony

I have been keeping quiet lately which is probably a great relief to one and all. One reason is that I have been busy on other things - spent a night in hospital having my sleep analysed - not a pretty sight.:15:
But also, I regret to say I just cannot hack this new forum. I cannot slip in and out a post the odd, (emphasis on the 'odd' )wee comment. It is so out kilter with the old forum.:13:
One thing at a time with my problems. I note that what I am currently posting has no 'Title'. But I am replying to an existing thread so the title should be there the same as the thread I am on, n'est-ce pas ? :unhapppy::unhapppy:
I fear it might just become a matter of :17::17::17:

This is my title

I note that what I am currently posting has no 'Title'. But I am replying to an existing thread so the title should be there the same as the thread I am on, n'est-ce pas ?
The thread "Title" would have to be entered when the original thread was created. When a member replies to that thread there is obviously no requirement to enter a (new) title.
The 'Title' edit box that is above the 'Message' area is there so that a (sub) title may be applied to the reply that the member is making, as I have done, but there is no need to use it.

The thread "Title" would have to be entered when the original thread was created. When a member replies to that thread there is obviously no requirement to enter a (new) title.
The 'Title' edit box that is above the 'Message' area is there so that a (sub) title may be applied to the reply that the member is making, as I have done, but there is no need to use it.

Sorry, you are obviously working on a different plane from us. you are a website expert, a website developer, a sort of internet expert.

We are just lovers of Last of the Summer Wine and you have just lost us, I know you are trying hard and I sympathise but this new site is just losing us.

It really confuses me here. This is a forum, all forum software is fundamentally the same. In it's simplest form you:
browse the titles
find a thread you like
read that thread/replies
post a reply if you feel like it.

It's not rocket science! where IS the problem?

It really confuses me here. This is a forum, all forum software is fundamentally the same. In it's simplest form you:
browse the titles
find a thread you like
read that thread/replies
post a reply if you feel like it.

It's not rocket science! where IS the problem?

I have to stick up for Cornishman here a little. I am NOT computer literate by any means but I am finding my way round the new Fouim ok. Yes it is different but I am sure we will all settle down with it in a few weeks. Hang in there everyone.

"I have been keeping quiet lately which is probably a great relief to one and all."

No, Ive missed your input!!

Now get a grip, sort yourself out and work out how to use this site!!
Hells teeth man if I do it without making too much of a dogs breakfast out of it then so can you. :46: ;D;D

Pearl has spoken with her tray in hand.:46::46: Hang in there Big Unc. You will catch on. I am, I just got use to the old one.(just been here 3-4 months)
it will be okay.:wink::wink:

On the forum.There are adverts for William Hill,Sky and at the moment Asda.They change all the time
Could you please tell us which theme you are using (it'll tell you at the top of the page) and also, if possible, post a screenshot.
There should be no adverts there at all.

I fear George's web browser may of been hijacked which is why he is getting this problem

Back