Re Alan Bell's new book

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I discovered something about the book today, it is the picture on the top left of the front cover with Compo reading his scripts,any idea what it might be,There is a clue in the picture, answers on a £10 note please.

I have one extra book signed by Alan & Ken today and I will offer it as a prize in a future Quiz, Alan Bell is going to set the questions,so look out for the quiz soon I hope.

Terry

Excellent stuff, a very nice thought. Looking forward to that.

Haven't got the book yet, but seen the cover. I wonder if the episode you refer to is Serenade for Tight Jeans and Metal Detector. Compo's trousers look quite smart.

I will let you into the secret about the photo when you all have to chance to get a copy and have a good looks at it

I'm intrigued.

The picture features in the Andrew Vine book.

There's some object on the stone wall.

Bill Owen is sat away from the others.

Am I getting warm?

It's not that Brian and Peter are sat apart from Bill is it?? (A falling out?) Or what appears to be a bottle of something at Bills side?

In the Vine book the photo shows Mr Owen sitting a good 10 feet away from Mr Sallis, but on the cover of the new book he appears to have been photoshopped closer, so that he appears to be sitting next to Mr Sallis. Why?

So that they could get it on the cover better without them looking too small in the original version?

In the Vine book the photo shows Mr Owen sitting a good 10 feet away from Mr Sallis, but on the cover of the new book he appears to have been photoshopped closer, so that he appears to be sitting next to Mr Sallis. Why?

You have hit the nail on the head Rhi, the photo was adjusted to make it fit,what gives it away is the shadows around Bill but none of the others

I think maybe Dick, **** and I can share the achievement of getting this right. We sort of inched it out between us!

Back