Rate the last Film you watched thread....

• Thread starter Chuffer Enwright
  • Start date
C

Chuffer Enwright

It can be anything, if you watch a film, new or old, especially if it's one others may not have seen and is a good watch, rate it on here.

Tonight I'm going to watch Moneyball.

I picked it up cheap off eBay and have wanted to give it a watch.

I got bought a Blu-Ray player for my Birthday and sold some stuff I didnt need anymore and bought myself a new 42" telly that I can actually see. I have to sit stupidly close to the screen to see anything on a normal sized one, so it's much better for me and watching DVD's on it is great.

I will report back on Moneyball tomorrow.

It can be anything, if you watch a film, new or old, especially if it's one others may not have seen and is a good watch, rate it on here.

Tonight I'm going to watch Moneyball.

I picked it up cheap off eBay and have wanted to give it a watch.

I got bought a Blu-Ray player for my Birthday and sold some stuff I didnt need anymore and bought myself a new 42" telly that I can actually see. I have to sit stupidly close to the screen to see anything on a normal sized one, so it's much better for me and watching DVD's on it is great.

I will report back on Moneyball tomorrow.

Not seen that one Rob will be intresting to hear your review.

If your talking about on TV then it would be a film I watched yesterday on C5 its called Carolina Moon and it was dreadful, it was like watching a car crashe you don't want to look and you know you should'nt look but you can't take your eyes off it. The over acting and the bad acting were just??????? I can not discribe it really !

If your talking about a film at the flicks then it was THe Very Best Marigolg Hotel
and it was fantastic, I love Dame Judy Dench and Maggy Smith they were brilliant has was the rest of the cast. It was funny and sad at the same time and it was well worth the money to go and see my daughter and I had a great evening.

Sorry about the spelling I usually go though Spell Check but I pressed the wrong button :'(

I watched a couple of Musicals in the comfoprt of my own home.

Les Miserables

Mamma Mia

I don't know if any of you are interested in Musicals. But I also love Comedy films. I have all the Carry On films but when I decide to watch one I can't make up my mind which to see.

I must admit I love CGI (computer generated image) animation.I'm such a numbskull when it comes to computers that I am in awe of people who can produce things like 'Up',Wall-e and 'A Christmas Carol'.

I must admit I love CGI (computer generated image) animation.I'm such a numbskull when it comes to computers that I am in awe of people who can produce things like 'Up',Wall-e and 'A Christmas Carol'.
You and me both mate! :D If I need anything technical I go to my son or (perish it)the grandkids ::)

What Men in Black 3 which was pretty average these days,last decent film I watched was War Horse

The last good film i watched was a one on youtube called operation baby killer. Its more a documentary film about Vietnam vets treatment after the war. It is really worth a watch folks, whatever your thoughts on the conflict were. i also watched Law Abiding Citizen the other day, and thought it was going to be a great film, until you found out how the guy was doing what he was doing. It just spoiled the whole film for me, so i rated it average.

You know, I never did get round to watching Moneyball!
But, what I did watch yesterday was Paris, Texas with Harry Dean Stanton and Natasha KInski.
Have any of you ever seen it? What a brilliant film. I saw it years ago for the first time and had forgotten I had it on DVD. It is excellent and the soundtrack is fantastic....Ennio Morricone.

Got around to watch "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" which turned out to be pretty good

Got around to watch "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" which turned out to be pretty good

Yep, we downloaded and watched that last night as well.

Dench is always great.

Really enjoyed that movie. While I am certain that I
have seen all the main actors, I cannot place any of them.

Yep, we downloaded and watched that last night as well.

Dench is always great.

Really enjoyed that movie. While I am certain that I
have seen all the main actors, I cannot place any of them.

Which ones can't you place I may be able to help you :)

Just watched with herself, not totally my cup of tea but generally very good. What suited my good lady was it was a happy ending for once . :D

Which ones can't you place I may be able to help you :)

Well I know Judi Dench from As Time Goes By.

And Celia Imrie was the secretary in Kingdom.

Penelope Wilton was in Dr Who just a few years ago.

And Katherine Parkinson was in a Doc Martin I remember.

The rest I can (and have) looked up in IMDB but while
they look familiar, I have never seen any of the listed roles.

Tom Wilkinson who played Graham was in The Full Monty and Shakespeare in love. ( And many others too)

Bill Nighy who played Douglas was in Love Actually and played Davy Jones in Pirates of the Caribbean and he was in Harry Potter too.

Penelope Wilton was in Ever decreasing circles with Richard Briers and she was in calendar Girls

Maggie Smith who played Muriel was in just about everything :) The prime of Miss Jean Brodie, A room with a View, All the Kings Men.Harry Potter. She is also in Downton Abbie.
Ron Pickup Who played Norman was in Dr Who and Lark Rise to Candleford. Hope that helps :D

Well, this evening I have revisited 'Stark' based on the novel by and starring Ben Elton. Three episodes each of an hours duration and really enjoyed it over a few big mugs of Tea. First time I have seen it in years, so if you see it around for a couple of quid, pick it up and I'm sure you can find the novel in any Charity shop for 50p or so.
Hope anybody who does bother enjoys it.

I go to the cinema every Tuesday for work. Last week we saw the Rock of Ages film. In the last few weeks we've seen Men in Black 3, Snow white and the Huntsman and Prometheus. I'd rather have seen Blazing Saddles, myself.

Back