Random thoughts

George

Super Moderator
Washing the dishes this morning and the theme song to the Charlie Drake comedy series 'The Worker' jumped into my head.
What the heck is that all about?I haven't seen that since it was on in the 60's and I could remember almost every line from the song.....weird or what? ??? :)

Must be an age thing mate ;) Idid the same with a Spike Jones tune the other day complete with trombone effects and pistol shots :-[

Washing the dishes this morning and the theme song to the Charlie Drake comedy series 'The Worker' jumped into my head.
What the heck is that all about?I haven't seen that since it was on in the 60's and I could remember almost every line from the song.....weird or what? ??? :)

I know exactly what you mean. However, slightly different, I posted yesterday that I have a tune running through my mind but cannot recall anything about it other than the tune and some of its eccentricities. Most frustrating. Chas n' Dave have it summed up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udsy8__0uII

Another random thought a la Cleggy.......Why does the darn phone ring when I'm in the bathroom , either doing what comes naturally or having a shave?? ::) The number of times I've answered the phone with a face full of shaving soap!! >:(

Speaking of shaving, have any of you fellers took stock of how high up your face or how low down your neck you go since the day you started??Its a proper "if I knew then what I know now" situation! ::) I know you've got a beard George but you probably understand my point, I am now shaving as high as my cheekbones :-\

Another random thought a la Cleggy.......Why does the darn phone ring when I'm in the bathroom , either doing what comes naturally or having a shave?? ::) The number of times I've answered the phone with a face full of shaving soap!! >:(

And, as Cleggy said in at least one episode, it is always a double-glazing salesman.

I was in the bathroom once and the phone rang my then 5 year old daughter answered and I heard her say " Yes but she's on loo" :-[ I have know idea who it was! :D

Has for random songs floating round in your head I tent to wake up about 3am with the likes of Fireman Sam and Thomas The Tank Engine ringing in my head :eek:

I get random songs too. Today it was 'Be Back Soon' from Oliver. Now, I haven't heard that for 20 years or more, but there it was in my head.

Speaking of shaving, have any of you fellers took stock of how high up your face or how low down your neck you go since the day you started??Its a proper "if I knew then what I know now" situation! ::) I know you've got a beard George but you probably understand my point, I am now shaving as high as my cheekbones :-\

Having not shaved for 40 years I could not say ....

Having not shaved for 40 years I could not say ....

Good god ;D! How many yards is it by now?

More random thoughts
Is reading in the bathroom considered as multi tasking??
If a food processor slices and dices, what do's a word processor do?? ;)

while waiting for the bus home remembered pike's quote to frazer in dads army - 'have you got the dreaded bends?' - the one with his helmet on and trying to get into the mill, jones is dressed as a log.

Can't get it out of my head.

??? Can anyone please explain why, shirts and sweaters turn themselves inside out in the washer or dryer?? Why socks have to hide in the duvet if you wash them together?? >:(

??? Can anyone please explain why, shirts and sweaters turn themselves inside out in the washer or dryer?? Why socks have to hide in the duvet if you wash them together?? >:(
I know what you mean Dick.I once went to the trouble of buttoning up my duvet before putting it in the dryer and still a sock and a facecloth ended up inside ;D

in my head on a loop it seems to be ' I'm a pink toothbrush' etc way before my time and I don't even know the words properly.
Very random but there you go

I was born in 62, maybe my mum used to sing it to me, and its stuck somewhere,among the cobwebs :D

in my head on a loop it seems to be ' I'm a pink toothbrush' etc way before my time and I don't even know the words properly.
Very random but there you go
Max Bygraves, Minxie Early 60s i think.

Max Bygraves correct but produced 1954 on a 78rpm. Maybe the later (much) version by The Smurfs?

And it was actually, "You're a Pink Toothbrush, I'm a Blue Toothbrush"

Back