R.I.P Juliette

Oh that is so sad, so only Sarah Thomas remains from the "Ladies" Coffee Mornings . I am sure it was a privilege to meet her Terry. I imagine she was absolutely not the ferocious lady she played on screen [as probably the other "Ladies " were either , well maybe Dame Thora Hird could be quite daunting to meet and would not suffer fools I imagine] . From what you said Terry she certainly put up a brave fight until the end . A very sad loss.

She was just as vociferous with BBC execs when they axed the show as she was when she caught Howard, an absolutely devastating loss. I wish I'd gone to see her one woman stage show Just Pearl which Roy Clarke wrote for her.

Oh that is so sad, so only Sarah Thomas remains from the "Ladies" Coffee Mornings . I am sure it was a privilege to meet her Terry. I imagine she was absolutely not the ferocious lady she played on screen [as probably the other "Ladies " were either , well maybe Dame Thora Hird could be quite daunting to meet and would not suffer fools I imagine] . From what you said Terry she certainly put up a brave fight until the end . A very sad loss.

She really was nice lady, I recall leaving the final dinner in London, I was outside waiting for my taxi and she was there having a smoke,she called over to me, I went over to where she was, she said are you off then, I replied yes I have a train to catch, and she gave me a hug and thanked me for coming, below is a picture taken in Aug 2007 on Location of Juliette with my grandson, she had a new mobile and had no idea how to operate it, she asked me and I said no but he will, and they spent about 40 minutes going through the features, in fact she held up the filming until she was happy knowing how to operate it, fond memories

Attachments

• PK.jpg
    PK.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 22
She was just as vociferous with BBC execs when they axed the show as she was when she caught Howard, an absolutely devastating loss. I wish I'd gone to see her one woman stage show Just Pearl which Roy Clarke wrote for her.

I managed to see that in Huddersfield, it was a really good night and she made sure that everyone had a photo opportunity etc before she left

So sad she has gone. I read about it here then watched the episode Perfection- Thy Name is Ridley. I felt sad during the scene where the ladies are getting into Edie's car and realized that Glenda is the only one left.

It is very sad to see another long time cast member pass on but I realized recently that we are only a few years short of 50 years from when the show started. That really puts a different perspective on things.

Back