QUOOKER

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
Has anyone got or do you know anyone who has QUOOKER TAP ?? This is the one that can change from cold to boiling just by flicking a knob on it. Not that I want one , but I am wondering how much water go's down the sink before the required temperature is reached ? Surely it cant be cost effective ?:eyesroll:

Has anyone got or do you know anyone who has QUOOKER TAP ?? This is the one that can change from cold to boiling just by flicking a knob on it. Not that I want one , but I am wondering how much water go's down the sink before the required temperature is reached ? Surely it cant be cost effective ?:eyesroll:
My thoughts exactly Dick. I too wonder what the running costs are.

I looked into it a while ago, it's pretty instantaneous it's not like running a conventional tap from cold to hot. However the fact you've got to have expensive canisters which need replacing regularly put me off.

After being talked into this one by someone on the forum,who's name I won't mention (Tony) I must admit I am happy with it for filtered hot water, Tony finds it great for his nurabian coffee and his sputnik tea,we only drink real Yorkshire tea and diet perrier water

Wow, the water coming out of there is hot enough to make tea with?! Gonna be some scalded hands for those who don't use it right. Talk about a quick learning curve, ouch. Price seems a bit dear, they sure do like their product.

I do chuckle at the bit about... "The time saving is also considerable. If the average full kettle takes three minutes to boil, not waiting for it to boil saves around 15 minutes a day. " Haha, add up all those 15 minutes saved each day and over the years and you could have the equivalent of a few weeks vacation in the Algarve!

Which reminds me of a Red Dwarf episode where Lister sees an advert for an Automated Tea/ Coffee Stirrer from a shopping channel. A similar product which saves valuable minutes daily that you did not know you needed. Where the claim is you spend about two weeks over a lifetime stirring your tea. Wouldn't you rather spend that time skiing? Lister then proceeds to wander about for hours with a phone by his ear while waiting on hold in the order call queue.

Last edited:
Never mind this Quooker tap, I normally run my hot water tap for 2-3 minutes before hot water comes out since the water heater is down in the basement. On another note, if you have small children in the house, you would always need to be very careful to ensure that they don't use this tap without supervision.

It sounds like what we here call a tankless water heater. I've been a few places (usually remote without room for a proper tank) where I would hear a loud "click" once hot water faucet was turned. A high-amp apparatus from what I remember. Make sure it's on its own circuit. They have their place.

Per other comments make sure the temp is set properly, maybe install an anti-scald valve.

Back