Question Time

C

Compo

I know the show has ended and maybe for the powers of television is buried but for us fans it is still very much alive. Who is in charge of the webcam? I am sure many of you wish to get more out of the Webcam. Wish to see the cafe on the webcam. Also other webcams show film and not just pictures. I know I brought this up before but I like to keep trying. If the problem is money I am sure the Cafe owner would appreciate the advertising.

Question time: what kind of shop is it next to the Cafe?
I get the feeling it is a delicatessen.
I know above the Cafe is a hairdresser

Compo, love the persistence!! :D
I always thought it would be neat to have a webcam inside the café looking out the café window. Now I don't pretend to know how all that stuff works, and whether the café owners would like that or not. Not to mention the cost to operate it. I have never been there, but I'm guessing that they must have an idea how popular the café is worldwide with the LOTSW fans?
It would be neat to promote it something like " stand in front of the café window, the whole world is watching you!!". Just a thought, maybe being a pushy American with my ideas.
I'd be willing to help on some of the costs unless it is super expensive.
The webcam in our hometown sells spots around the cam picture to pay for the webcam.
My 2 cents
Darin

The owners know how popular it is as you see many people taking pictures outside the Cafe. On the live cam you can notice different people taking pictures.

Evening, the webcam is situated in the top of the bottom left window of the deli [Beatties] who also sponsor it, the cafe is next door to the hardware shop with the hairdressers entrance inbetween. It would be great to have a live action camera.

Evening, the webcam is situated in the top of the bottom left window of the deli [Beatties] who also sponsor it, the cafe is next door to the hardware shop with the hairdressers entrance inbetween. It would be great to have a live action camera.

Thanks for the great picture of Beatties Ferret. That is an angle we don't often see. I am always curious about the history of the region and buildings. Does anyone know would have been in the Beatties location prior to it being a deli? Is the 2nd door beside Beatties a private residence or are the two places connected?

The second door is also Beatties as there is a plaque resting against the door of the Cafe itself. If it was a private residence the owners wouldn't allow it. Well that is what I think anyways.

Do people normally live above businesses, or maybe live above their business? I have noticed in these and other pictures that the buildings are sometimes 3 or 4 stories high. If not what are the other floors used for?

Do people normally live above businesses, or maybe live above their business? I have noticed in these and other pictures that the buildings are sometimes 3 or 4 stories high. If not what are the other floors used for?

It was more common years ago for small business owners to live above the shop. Now I think most rent the flat out.

The flat above the Cafe is a Hairdresser. It is common practice now but it is a matter of choice.I wouldn't want to live above a grocer or a pub as it would be too noisy.

Is there a closing time for pubs in the UK. In Florida it is 2am, everyone goes home then. Some states are different, and even some counties with in the states can make their own closing times.

For pubs its usually 11pm, night clubs stay open untill between 2 and 4 am.
Not that I'm an expert or anything :D

Is there a closing time for pubs in the UK. In Florida it is 2am, everyone goes home then. Some states are different, and even some counties with in the states can make their own closing times.

Is it 2 am all over Florida now? I do recall years ago crossing from Cocoa Beach into Cape Canaveral since in the latter we could drink until 3 am. And I am trying to recall the name of a little area between the two cities where there was no local government and it seems anything was allowed. Cannot recall what that category of zone was designated now. Could it have been 'unestablished zone' or some such.

I suppose that here 23:00 is the basic norm, certainly for weekdays, but up here in Scotland where a different law applies, in the bigger towns and cities, particularly those with a night-life, on Friday and Saturday nights some pubs are open until up to 1 am.

And I am trying to recall the name of a little area between the two cities where there was no local government and it seems anything was allowed. Cannot recall what that category of zone was designated now. Could it have been 'unestablished zone' or some such.

Do I mean 'unincorporated'?

It would be great to have a live webcam ferret....I wonder if beatties has a website or email address....might be worth a look and contact !!

I never had reason to write to them so I never bothered to find the address. Are you planning to make a reservation????? HA!

Back