Postal Price increases

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I found a 2 year old pdf file for postal charges,some of the increases in just 2 year shocked me

90p increase on 300gram airmail letter to USA
43p increase on 510 gram 1st class large letter
£7.21 increase on 20 kilo gram standard parcel,on the old price this included £100 insurance,there is not even the option for this now,you would have to use another more expensive service if the parcel had any value over £46

I found a 2 year old pdf file for postal charges,some of the increases in just 2 year shocked me

£7.21 increase on 20 kilo gram standard parcel,on the old price this included £100 insurance,there is not even the option for this now,you would have to use another more expensive service if the parcel had any value over £46

They cheat us as well. Because the stamps don't have a value written on them anymore I didn't realise that a first class stamp would be so expensive. I am starting to buy a book a month for Christmas cards.

They cheat us as well. Because the stamps don't have a value written on them anymore I didn't realise that a first class stamp would be so expensive. I am starting to buy a book a month for Christmas cards.

Due to the increases we are not sending out cards in the future,the local ones we will deliver ourselves the rest will go as e-cards via email,Royal mail complained that they lost so much letter post due to e-mail,so they put up the price and they will be surprised when they loose even more, and be careful with those cards that have a slight bump in them,as they will not fit through the slot for standard letters,so they will then cost 90p 1st class or 69p 2nd class

Those costs are wild. No wonder people only get bills and junk mail these days. I used to love getting letters, real letters. I used to send letters to friends around the country and abroad, but I have to say, no more. I can't afford it. It's all e-mail now.

Back