Porridge.

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
Just watching Porridge and not only is there Brian Wilde but Philip Jackson and the man who played Chuffer Enright.

Never seen Porridge before today - Afraid if I get into it I'll want to buy DVDs, and there aint no more room for DVDs. :-[

Never seen Porridge before today - Afraid if I get into it I'll want to buy DVDs, and there aint no more room for DVDs. :-[

Porridge is a classic such a great cast such a shame that Richard Beckinsdale died at such a young age he would gone on to have a great television career.

if you enjoy roy clarkes writing and ronnie barker in sitcom then "open all hours " has to be for you...classics, and you can get the whole lot on you tube.. :)

Porridge is a terrific show ,watched the spin off film this weekend Beckinsale was an essential role and offered a sounding board to cynical Fletcher.Beckinsales wife is a succesful producer and his daughter Kate is carrying on the family name.Open all hours is a masterpeice and shows a way of life that has sadly long gone in Britain,I always wanted to own an Arkwright store but did not get the chance.

Porridge is a terrific show ,watched the spin off film this weekend Beckinsale was an essential role and offered a sounding board to cynical Fletcher.Beckinsales wife is a succesful producer and his daughter Kate is carrying on the family name.Open all hours is a masterpeice and shows a way of life that has sadly long gone in Britain,I always wanted to own an Arkwright store but did not get the chance.

Was the spin off called going straight?

Love it, always watch the repeats even though i've seen them loads of times before.
aaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssss.jpg

its a great episode, also the person who played Walter in "The New Mobile Trio" was in it as Harris

Great series. I have them all on DVD.

It was a box set of complete Ronnie Barker, everything except his Futtock's End. Open All Hours, Going Straight, Clarence and so on.

gosh just realised "walter" was in porridge as well as summer wine.....his mum in summer wine was a strong lass.

Porridge is a classic such a great cast such a shame that Richard Beckinsdale died at such a young age he would gone on to have a great television career.

His other two shows that come to mindwere also good "The Lovers" and "Going Straight". He was a natural.

Just watching Porridge and not only is there Brian Wilde but Philip Jackson and the man who played Chuffer Enright.

Since I'm from across the Pond, what exactly was the show about? Thanks.

Porridge - a UK slang term for time in prison (also called "Stir"). So, main character, Fletcher (Fletch), played by the late, great, Ronnie Barker, an habitual criminal (of the non-violent variety), was a prisoner serving a medium length sentence in a fictitional prison, HMP Slade, in the north of England. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porridge_(TV_series)

Back