Places to stay while in Holmfirth

I-75

Whenever conditions permit we are considering a trip to Europe to include a few days in the Holmfirth area.

While the Nora Batty rental looks interesting I'm wondering if anyone can recommend some good locations, preferably ones where we can do our own cooking and laundry with drying area (I understand tumble dryers aren't a thing over there : ).

Thanks and appreciate your feedback!

We had a thread the other week about characters and in that thread Hill Street where Hobbo, Cleggy and Pearl/Howard's houses are located above Scholes Road where the White Horse pub is , they opened a B & B at the end of Hill Street so if you have transport that would be a great place to stay here's the link to the property

There are some Air BnB places scattered around Holmfirth if you are interested in a more self sufficient sort of stay.

Here's another with parking, but a tight turn into the garage.
The photos might give the impression of two bedrooms, but the one showing twin beds is simply the king sized bed reconfigured into twins. The utility room is at the back of the garage. I believe that it's accessed via the kitchen. Drying would be on the airer or in the garage, as access between the front wall of these underdwellings and the wall along the river is tight.

This one is just down the road from Where Tom and Smiler shared a house in a later episode, think we only saw it the once
Worth the hike up through Victoria Park and the very steep top of Cooper Lane just to walk along the road and see that house! I've walked that route once, and made good use of the hiking poles for balance when I exited the ginnel into the short stretch at the top of Cooper Lane. Any street with a pavement that starts with steps does not bode well for walking!

Back