Pick your favourite FIRST of the Summer Wine episodes

wstol

Dedicated Member
There was a pilot special episode, followed by two series of FIRST of the Summer Wine.

Here's your chance to pick your favourite episodes.

I'll be generous, and allow you to pick THREE, yes THREE episodes.

I shall go for:
Taller Exercises
The Way of the Warrior
The Great Indoors.

Ah.

I watched it the first time round. They used to show each new series of FOTSW, and when each series finished, the new series of LOTSW immediately followed.

Of course, I was more excited about the new LOTSW episodes more than the FOTSW episodes.

I found it a little hard to get into it, but watched every episode when it first came out.

I thought the actors did an excellent job considering the hard task.

Although I taped just one or two of the episodes, most of the episodes I didn't re-watch until very recently, when I realised I owed it to myself, and the forum, to watch the whole series again in full.

And do you know what? It was very good. Like I remember, yet I could appreciate it more. Little things, like Peter Sallis' spot on performance as his father.

I think it is very believable Clegg's father would have been like that.

There is a brilliant moment when Mr Clegg Snr, who is a very quiet man, suddenly leaps into action and yells out a rendition of one his favourite radio programmes.

Maggie Ollerenshaw is equally as good as Clegg's mother.

I would urge those, who like myself, that aren't so keen on FOTSW, to set up a dvd player in their kitchens, and watch the show when they are washing up, when they will happily watch anything whilst doing that boring task.

This is a good way to watch things you wouldn't normally choose to watch.

You should find it's quite a good programme.

- Compo poses as a gypsy fortune teller and then and gets pulled behind the cart.
- Where the guys swap the snuff of the co-op boss.
- When they go camping and have a run in with some cows.

Been a year of so since I have seen any episodes. Need to re-watch again soon.

Ya really need to watch more than one episode to get a better feel for the show and the actors to grow on you. To overcome that initial critical resistance of watching a favored show get remade. For some reason the Compo actor reminded me of Craig Charles who played Dave Lister from Red Dwarf.

Reactions: AJM
Hard to pick one episode as none particular stand out as a favourite. Although The Body Snatchers when Compo tries to sneak into the cinema and falls into the toilet is hilarious. Probably my favourite scene. The Gypsy Fiddler and Ain't Love Dangerous are good too. I much prefer series 2 over the first. I feel it starts to pick up after the pilot.

Back