Photograph sharing sites

barmpot

LOTSW Fanatic
Apologies if this has been covered before.

I want to share some photographs with websites and one person has suggested Photobucket.

Checked it out and the short cut is not available for XP and it seems geared more to those who use Facebook, which I do not.

Any ideas or comments? There is Flickr I seem to recall. Any others? I guess the best would eb to actually activate my own storage under one of my e mail accounts or domain names.

All advice gratefully received.

The only comment I can give you my friend is one of Georges from earlier , like him "I am to Tech and computing what Cleggy was to lion taming!" :-[ :-[ ::)

Hope you find a way, Barmpot. My technical knowledge is like my knitting. Non existant.

Checked it out and the short cut is not available for XP and it seems geared more to those who use Facebook, which I do not.

I have used Photobucket with both Vista and Windows 7. Facebook is irrelevant. My Photobucket account is not linked to my Facebook account. What "short cut" is not available for XP?

I expect Flickr is an option. Would not know how to "activate my own storage under one of my e mail accounts or domain names". I would have thought one's own website would be required but maybe that is what you mean by a domain name.

Here in the US, my internet provider (heh!) gives me some
huge available space for storing stuff to be available
onlineFREE. Can't remember what it's called though.

In any case, wife and I have tons of stuff out there,
(FREE) including pictures etc. For example:

http://myplace.frontier.com/~cciaffone/chuck/Pipes/

http://myplace.frontier.com/~cciaffone/index.htm

http://myplace.frontier.com/~nciaffone/index.htm

http://myplace.frontier.com/~cciaffone/chuck/chuck.htm

etc etc

AND most folks do not know this is available.

Perhaps y'all have a similar situation???

I have used Photobucket with both Vista and Windows 7. Facebook is irrelevant. My Photobucket account is not linked to my Facebook account. What "short cut" is not available for XP?

I expect Flickr is an option. Would not know how to "activate my own storage under one of my e mail accounts or domain names". I would have thought one's own website would be required but maybe that is what you mean by a domain name.

Ah Big U - I still use XP and that is not supported for uploading direct, the only options listed otherwise were from mobile (never use mobile for photographs) or Facebook. I have uploaded four but it is laborious having to go into the site and search for them especially as I have to know the file name. This means I can look at it on the PC directory and note it down as when in Photobucket the choice is file name only not the filmstrip or small image options.

Yes, my own website would work as I have a domain name - but all my attempts to master the software to put stuff on it have ended in disaster. Frontpage or something like that - just can not get it.

Which is why I am asking if there is anyone else who has used other sites which would still take XP users simply. I know that in about a year's time i shall have to change anyway as formal support for XP will disappear.

Perhaps I shall see if I can get a nice album from Timothy Whites! ;D ???

i shall have to change anyway as formal support for XP will disappear.

I have about 6 computers running XP Pro SP3, and do not
intend to "upgrade" (what a misnomer).

I have tons of old software that runs fine on XP but will
not be recognized by later Op Sys. Cannot afford to
replace it all.

Until and unless something breaks, I intend to stay on XP!

About once a year or so, I format C: and reinstall XP and any
software I am still using. (All my data is on D: and above.)

My XP Pro (sp3) equipped PC has been used for Photobucket and the links from that are used for pics on my website, in fact pretty much all of the pics that are on my site are from links on Photobucket.

G ; )

Back