Peter who

onyx(John)

Administrator
Staff member
This is Peter Sallis as he appeared in an episode of Dr. Who. I don`t know what episode or what year it was. He looks a bit more menacing than we`re used to >:(

Yes that him, he appeared in a Patrick Troughton Story "The Ice Warriors" from 1967 and his character was called Penley, the serial is due to be released on dvd in August, there are two missing episodes from this story but for the dvd release there being animated

Yes that him, he appeared in a Patrick Troughton Story "The Ice Warriors" from 1967 and his character was called Penley, the serial is due to be released on dvd in August, there are two missing episodes from this story but for the dvd release there being animated

Six episodes according to IMDb.

Six episodes according to IMDb.

Yeah there are six episodes of the story but two are missing just like a lot of other 1960's programmes in black and white, especially Doctor Who was badly affected, only about 5 serials of Troughton's are fully in the archives, so for the release the remaining four will be on there but the two missing are being animated and the stills released so far look promising, personally I can't wait for this release

What still exists of the Ice Warriors is on Youtube! It´s just tagged incredibly uselessly. I put one of the parts near the end in my bookmarks, otherwise I would never have found any of it again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe54OqCI9gc&list=WLD7E8890EBD363A9B. Have a look at this person´s channel, there are more parts. But it´s easy to catch the wrong episodes, it´s all called by numbers, not titles ::). It´s quite funny in parts and the part with the baby bear that´s supposed to be a grown up grizzly is in there too, Peter mentioned it in his book with great amusement. He said it was difficult not to laugh all the time anyway.
Parts have disappeared of those episodes as well, but there is sound material somewhere, though not on Youtube, I think.

This is Peter Sallis as he appeared in an episode of Dr. Who. I don`t know what episode or what year it was. He looks a bit more menacing than we`re used to >:(
WOW ! That is just disturbing knowing him as I do as Clegg.

Yes thank you ****, I love watching or listening to Peter Sallis doing other things I recently bought the cd of him playing Hercule Poirot in a radio play and he is terrific in it, although I understand he was not very happy with his accent. I also have the Wallis and Gromit dvds which I love, and I have downloaded the television version of "She Loves me" he is so good in that as well.

Yes Norm, I have got this Poirot CD too and I loved it. I gave him a copy and he had a very amusing time with it ;D. The She Loves Me musical is my favourite of his musicals, and he remembers it fondly too, though I think perhaps Baker Street brings up even fonder memories. But I prefer She Loves Me. His solo in Baker Street is quite touching though.

Yes Norm, I have got this Poirot CD too and I loved it. I gave him a copy and he had a very amusing time with it ;D. The She Loves Me musical is my favourite of his musicals, and he remembers it fondly too, though I think perhaps Baker Street brings up even fonder memories. But I prefer She Loves Me. His solo in Baker Street is quite touching though.
Poirot CD . . sorry, what do you mean? Sallis is in a Poirot?

I recently bought the cd of him playing Hercule Poirot in a radio play and he is terrific in it, although I understand he was not very happy with his accent.

Elmc, I was replying to Norm´s remark, it is an audio play, not a TV production.

Back