Pencil drwing of the boys

chris

Dedicated Member
Quite a while ago when on holiday in York I found a shop selling a pencil drawing of Compo,Clegg and Foggy in the week that Brian Wild passed away its a brilliant picture and I place it on the wall just beside the door into the kitchen so I can say hello as I pass.Some of our friends think I am mad but I don't care these three gave me so much pleasure and continue to to this day have never seen another picture depicting our show wonder if there are any out there?

Check out the main website page Chris , not exactly just pencil drawings but from the same place that Pearls avatar comes from.:14:

Yes, my pic is from a man called Neil, I have this one on my wall in the living room along with Auntie Wainwright and Foggy. He posts a lot of them on our Facebook page.

Yes, my pic is from a man called Neil, I have this one on my wall in the living room along with Auntie Wainwright and Foggy. He posts a lot of them on our Facebook page.
Good pic to hang over the mantelpiece to keep the kids away from the fire :35:

Good pic to hang over the mantelpiece to keep the kids away from the fire :35:

Fire would indicate that I want my house warm which just ain't happening. Its on the chimney breast but there is no fire there but it does stop them getting too close the telly.

If it's the one with Compo leaning on Foggy I have it up in my room,my friend bought it for me from a shop in Scarborough

I'm going to York next week chris,I do you remember where you bought it,just in case they still sell them ?

It must have been ten or so years ago but the shop was adjacent to the market and was a bookstore on two levels sorry cant be more specific but the memory is not so good now feel a bit like Clegg some days ,shut the door and have a cup of tea.We went on an easter weekend and it was horrible it rained it snowed the accommodation was not good so we came home on the sunday thankgoodness.My poor other half ended up with the flu didn't qualify for free jabs then took me quite a while to persuade her to go away again ,York in the snow is not a pleasant place to be and we went by train never again it was late crowded and Kings Cross is not a nice place not been north again go south to the sun !

Sorry about the delayed reply Chris,I'v been in Liverpool all day with my daughter,I love Liverpool but the drive there and back was horrendous,they're doing some works till next summer and I did about five miles in an hour on the motorway,York is lovely,its one of my favourite places,I'm going there next week but when I go I drive to the Park and Ride,about 40 miles,and its free to park and the buses are every ten minutes there and back,and its £2.80 return,go at the wrong time though,like you did at Easter,and it can be horrible,the streets and pubs and shops can't accommodate large numbers of people,its an ancient city with narrow streets and tiny buildings and cobbled streets,dangerous in snow as you know,we went last December at it was awful,we came home early,even on a normal Saturday its too busy,it's why I don't mind shifts,my days off are often midweek when its quieter,I'll have a look for the drawings but if its that long I doubt they'll still have them,while I was in Liverpool today I took the opportunity to see the Weeping Window,the poppies from the Tower of London that are on display there,here is a photo that I took
poppies1_zpsme5x1av9.jpg

Pencil drawing of the Boys

I love York always getting cheap day returns through the Trainline take advantage at every opportunity . I especially like the Races, the course is fantastic and the day is topped of when you come back with a few quid in the old sky rocket and still have your shirt.:smile:

Back