Pearl

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
Having been involved in several threads this week and Pearl seems to got short shift, I feel I must stick up for her.

Say you were married to a man who's idea of a romantic honeymoon was to instructed you on how he wants his Roley Poley cooked ! Then proseeds to chase bits of stuff though out the marrage and so is thick that he meets ever person he knows whilst out with his other woman that his assignations always get back to his wife.

Imagine how she feels cooking, cleaning, warming his PJs everynight, lancing his boils and seeing to his other ailments just have your efforts reworded with lies and diseat. I think my face would look like that too.

Also we must remember that episode where she walks down the stairs dressed like Marina, you have to admit she has great legs. ;D

As characters, Pearl & Howard were excellent fully developed types. You just knew each one of them and knew how they'd react. Which made watching the many many variations on the same theme fun. But, their repeated story (Howard scheming to sneak out, meets Marina, gets caught by Pearl) was just repeated to death. Talk about beating a dead horse. It really became an annoyance to the rest of the story of an episode to keep going to the Pearl/Howard/Marina routine again and again. These H/M/P interludes just took up valuable time from the regular story of the episode that was playing out. Yes it was funny the first 10 times, after that it was David Letterman's Top 10, you just wanted it to be over. ???

I actually agree with on that, I think it did get repetitive but what I was sayins is that it seems that some people think that Howard strays because Pearl looks miserable, but I'm saying that Pearl looks miserable because Howard strays. ;)

Ah ha, but if Pearl didn't look like she was just chewing on a lemon would Howard have wanted to stray to begin with?? See, see? Poor innocent Howard had no choice but to look for greener pasteurs when forced to look face to face with Pearl. Let's face it, they both should have gotten a divorce, talk about a marriage made in heck.

Must agree with "who is that then" Howard had to face Pearl most of the time in her rollers etc. She rarely dolled up...

lol always thought it funny that howard doesn't just go to marina's house. i know she lives with her mum who must be about 100 and must be mainly confied to her own room! he should of got stuck into lily bless her from getting sam home! she was what most men would like stocking top on show and a beer in her hand!

When you think about it Lynda Baron of Open all Hours also had a Mother confined to her room. This gave Arkwright romantic problems..

Wow I am amazed that someone actually thinks its ok to commit adultery cos his wife has a face like a 'lemon' though wonder there is so much adultery going on with that attitude. It seems vows mean nothing to anyone anymore. I know it's only a tv show, but it happens in real life constantly and causes much misery,

They would have been happy one time til Howerd started his antics!!!

But Howard shows that he can't live without Pearl. He just caught himself in a Marina trap and is bestowed by her. But anyways they never did more than just kiss. I don't think that Howard would let it go that beyond that. He only wanted a little fun..

I did say and have said before they should have divorced, it was a marriage made in heck and no one should spend their life in misery. Yes, it's a TV show, but just look at Howard & Pearl, both extremely old now and both spent their entire adult lives miserable, that's 50 years of misery as a price to pay for obeying your vows.

The tragic thing is that this happens in real life over and over, people losing decades of their lives to somebody who makes them feel miserable, and regretting having stayed with them for too long. I know such cases and won´t say more than that. Regarding Howard and Pearl, it is never a solution to be unfaithful, for Howard the honest thing would have been to say he can´t go on like that with Pearl, whatever decision this would have evoked. He has got a weak character and never learned from his mistakes. On the other hand, Pearl shouldn´t have put up with all that and then behaved cruel and fuel Howard´s fears. It is not fair of both of them, but Howard made the major mistake by actually cheating on Pearl. Whether it went beyond kissing or not doesn´t really matter, I think. Grown up people should be able to talk about their problems before they go and cheat on their partners, that is my opinion.

Back