PEANUTS??

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
??? A small shop chain called Booths ,operating in Lancashire ,Yorkshire and Cumbria, has withdrawn from its shelves a range of bags of peanuts. The reason being that the labelling do's not state that the bags contain nuts. They take labelling "seriously " enough to advise any customer with a peanut allergy to take any packets back to the shop for a refund. ??? Surely anyone with an allergy to nuts would not be buying them anyway?
This report was on MSN this morning.Make your own minds up about what you think of it :-\

This kind of PC c***p drives me potty, its like on the back of my sleeping pills it says "May make you feel drowsy" ???
Well I flaming hope so!!!!!!! And on a bottle of baby medicine designed solely for babies it says " Do not operate heavy machinery whilst taking this medication" So we hide the baby walker!!!

You need to watch that Terry the last thing you need in your butter is butter ;D

The last thing Terry needs to know is what Margarine is made of. Very frightening. Google and find out for yourselves. And they say it is good for your health... LOL

??? A small shop chain called Booths ,operating in Lancashire ,Yorkshire and Cumbria, has withdrawn from its shelves a range of bags of peanuts. The reason being that the labelling do's not state that the bags contain nuts. They take labelling "seriously " enough to advise any customer with a peanut allergy to take any packets back to the shop for a refund. ??? Surely anyone with an allergy to nuts would not be buying them anyway?
This report was on MSN this morning.Make your own minds up about what you think of it :-\
This is .........nuts!

I just thought we needed some real Peanuts.

pe130423_zps0e9933ac.gif

you'll have to tell me more about margarine compo, googled it like you said but couldn't find anything untoward.

I know it does seem excessive, but having a niece with a deathly allergy to peanuts, I am glad there is extensive labeling now. I do agree that peanuts obviously have peanuts in them and so shouldn't really need another label. Scary having to examine every store bought item she consumes.

??? I am now confused (nothing new). I posted yesterday concerning peanuts in an MSN article .It showed a picture of roasted peanuts.Flicking through yesterdays Express that my son had left, I noticed a story about the nuts. This stated that the problem bags were for " Monkey Nuts " i e peanuts still in the shells .This is not what MSN would have you believe yesterday.It appears that the shops were worried that anyone with a peanut allergy might not recognise Monkey Nuts as peanuts.So there you have it people,I posted in good faith and asked you to make your own minds up. So maybe the labelling issue was right after all! :-\

I suppose it is a requirement now to include a statement something like 'This product contains nuts', and though it's ridiculous, someone where they are made should have thought about this - if only to cover themselves.

It's all about protecting one's self by putting these dopey warnings on things, and one would be daft not to do so now bearing in mind what can happen to people with nut allergies.

It's all about protecting one's self by putting these dopey warnings on things, and one would be daft not to do so now bearing in mind what can happen to people with nut allergies.
A Lib Dem minister fell victim to a nut allergy over the weekend by eating a biscuit that ,unbeknown to her , contained nuts.She went into shock and was saved by an injection from an Epipen after her throat started to close. So the warnings are not so silly after all. :eek:

An Epipen is an auto-injector of Epinephrine(adrenaline) used in cases of anaphylaxis shock.

Biscuits not containing nuts but may contain nuts.

Sometimes just clarifying things can make something fool-proof - so one of these warnings could just save a life.

Or be smart and not lazy and bake your own home made biscuits. LOL

Back