PC Coopers Divorce

theatrically_inclined

Dedicated Member
Please tell me I'm not imagining things.
I am sure I recall PC Cooper tells Walsh he is sleeping in the spare bedroom, and in another episode he said he was now divorced.
This must be around series 29-ish ... I went back and re-watched episodes around that time and I can't find any reference.
Or am I so used to the characters and style of dialogue that my mind is daydreaming scenes that never happened?
Thanks for not calling the men in white coats.

Both P.C Cooper's wife and P.C. Walsh's wife tended to " go back to their mothers".......to quote our boys in blue.....
Remember when P.C. Walsh told P.C. Cooper he had no dinner with him because his wife had gone back to her mother's and there was only food in the fridge......to which P.C.Cooper exclaimed..."cat food's no good !!!....GET A DOG !!!!".

There is an episode somewhere where Cooper does indicate he's divorced, but that was when his partner was played by Tony Capstick, so earlier. They have an exchange where Cooper wants him to come over and Capstick declines. He says something along the lines of "divorce has really changed you" and Cooper affirms that he is a new man, but just wishes he could have kept his wife.

There is an episode somewhere where Cooper does indicate he's divorced, but that was when his partner was played by Tony Capstick, so earlier. They have an exchange where Cooper wants him to come over and Capstick declines. He says something along the lines of "divorce has really changed you" and Cooper affirms that he is a new man, but just wishes he could have kept his wife.

Cooper was telling him that "You just pop it under the grill for 10 minutes, or until it's crisp and brown." in reference to preparing a meal. I remember the scene, but I can't for the life of me think which episode it was. Possibly a late Foggy one?

Cooper was telling him that "You just pop it under the grill for 10 minutes, or until it's crisp and brown." in reference to preparing a meal. I remember the scene, but I can't for the life of me think which episode it was. Possibly a late Foggy one?
See, I wasn't going mad! Yes, it was the series 17 episode “The First Human Being to Ride a Hill” PC1 was passing on cooking tips to PC2 (Tony Capstick) who says, “Divorce has really opened up your life”.
I can relax now, knowing it wasn't a dream!
[edit - typo]

See, I wasn't going mad! Yes, it was the series 17 episode “The First Human Being to Ride a Hill” PC1 was passing on cooking tips to PC2 (Tony Capstick) who says, “Divorce has really opened up your life”.
I can relax now, knowing it wasn't a dream!
[edit - typo]

Glad I've put you mind at rest now. And you're right, it was the First Human Being to ride a Hill. I must watch that one again to see the scene.

Back