Our Glenda

Great clip of her, thanks Roger. What is the name of this show or movie if she was in more scenes than this?

I've seen him in other things as well, recognize the face and voice.

Well found Roger. How did you come across this? I looked at it on Youtube itself and it says it is Special Branch Season 2 episode 10. Wikipedia says that particular episode was broadcast on 14/10/70.

Last edited:
Well found Roger. How did you come across this? I looked at it on Youtube itself and it says it is Special Branch Season 2 episode 10. Wikipedia says that particular episode was broadcast on 14/10/70.
Yes, a Special Branch episode from 1970. I think that was her only scene.

I think the actor is James Cossins who has been in lots of shows including the Hotel Inspectors episode of Fawlty Towers . He sadly passed away in 1997 . I remember him as the magistrate in an episode of Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads when the normally meek and cowardly Bob is hauled in front of him for attacking Duggie Scaife a local hardnut in the pub who Terry described as a mean street fighter. He knew all the tricks but was taken by surprise when he was hit by a bowl of pickled onions thrown by Bob .

The scene in the pub after the court appearance is great because Terry asserts that if Bob hadn't have thrown the pickles and got the first dig in Dougie would have half killed him . It leads to Terry and Bob brawling and they end up on the floor of the pub near the table of Magistrate James Cossins . He simply glares/smiles at them which is great writing by Clement and LeFrenais.

Back